Hacking Ever Oasis cursed download.

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
From that [post #24], steps 1–4 is to determine if your main SD card is fake, faulty, or dying. The full Write + Verify has to be done on the card starting empty or else the result can't be trusted. If the report states "The media is likely to be defective.", that card must be retired. There's no point moving forward with a bad card as that'll just be a waste of effort and will further corrupt your savedata and files.

After the SD card's hardware condition has been sorted out where the card is determined to be still good or that it has been replaced with a good SD card that passes H2testw, steps 5B–10B fixes the Nintendo 3DS folder by dumping intact titles back into CIAs, backing up their saves, supplying replacement CIAs for titles found to be corrupt, creating a fresh set of title.db & import.db by reinstalling those CIAs, and finally restoring the saves to complete the repair. After all said and done, you should finally be able to then install Ever Oasis (EUR) on your rebuilt main setup.

Edit - Before you begin steps 5B–10B, it would be a good idea to keep a copy of the Nintendo 3DS folder on your computer for safety. This is if you encounter an unexpected interruption while dumping those titles back into CIAs and extracting+decrypting their saves.

I don't remember exactly, but when the first test of my empty/clean SD Card ended, it (programm) said: "Test finished without errors. You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again." or something like that. I can redo it, if it is necessary.

I copied all files from SD Card, formatted it and only then tested.

Only after that I tried to install Ever Oasis and it's worked.

Last edited by Mark_Lecarde,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember exactly, but when the first test of my empty/clean SD Card ended, it (programm) said: "Test finished without errors. You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again." or something like that. I can redo it, if it is necessary.

I copied all files from SD Card, formatted it and only then tested.

Only after that I tried to install Ever Oasis and it's worked.
Everything good on on your end? I take this to mean you were finally able to install Ever Oasis on your main Nintendo 3DS folder without having to resort to tedious and time consuming measures with the Rebuild 3DS Database.

If something like that happens again, consider using or getting a different USB-to-SD card adapter.

Perhaps thermal stress test your main SD card with CrystalDiskMark. After continuous writing for like 15-30 minutes, feel if the card is too hot to the touch.

Reactions: Mark_Lecarde

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Everything good on on your end? I take this to mean you were finally able to install Ever Oasis on your main Nintendo 3DS folder without having to resort to tedious and time consuming measures with the Rebuild 3DS Database.

If something like that happens again, consider using or getting a different USB-to-SD card adapter.

Perhaps thermal stress test your main SD card with CrystalDiskMark. After continuous writing for like 15-30 minutes, feel if the card is too hot to the touch.

Oh no, I haven’t done anything yet! I was embarrassed that you recommended path B to me, although everything was fine with my memory card from the very beginning. And all this time I was waiting for an answer, gee.

I was able to install Ever Oasis only on a memory card with a minimum of files that you listed to me long before (boot.3dsx and other pals).

Looks like we misunderstanded each other.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I haven’t done anything yet! I was embarrassed that you recommended path B to me, although everything was fine with my memory card from the very beginning. And all this time I was waiting for an answer, gee.

I was able to install Ever Oasis only on a memory card with a minimum of files that you listed to me long before.

Looks like we misunderstanded each other.
There's nothing to be ashamed about path (B). All those examples I listed were those who ran into similar problems with their HOME Menu titles that became delisted or strangely acting up in FBI / Data Management.

I didn't explain this earlier, but the reason I did not recommend path (A) is because it wouldn't have worked if it's due to corrupted SD title.db & import.db. Even if your card tested perfectly fine in H2testw and you added everything back, you can quickly find out path (A) is a dead end after failing to install the converted Ever Oasis (EUR).cia from this thread's post #14 to your main Nintendo 3DS folder.

While I don't believe path (B) is overtly too difficult, it is a bit nerve wracking and does take a long time to complete. I've notice people always get stuck trying to run (1b) Backup CIAs & Saves. There's an intentional roadblock I placed in there to prevent accidental misuse in hopes whoever was successful in running that actually knows what they're supposed to do if they read the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

You can also repair the Nintendo 3DS folder using instead Option (A) Quick as a short term solution; (again) reading and following the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~ in order to get the intended results. See alexander1970's thread as one of the listed examples. When you finally have the time and opportunity, go back and properly repair with Option (B) Full.

If your main concern is about losing the GBA VC saves which you mentioned earlier in post #16, these can all be automatically and quickly backed up in GBAVCSM, which has it's own ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~. This is of course not really necessary as Rebuild 3DS Database takes care of backing up and restoring all the saves so long as the steps were followed as described in ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There's nothing to be ashamed about path (B). All those examples I listed were who those ran into similar problems with their HOME Menu titles that became delisted or strangely acting up in FBI / Data Management.

I didn't explain this earlier, but the reason I did not recommend path (A) is because it wouldn't have worked if it's due to corrupted SD title.db & import.db. Even if your card tested perfectly fine in H2testw and you added everything back, you can quickly find out path (A) is a dead end after failing to install the converted Ever Oasis (EUR).cia from this thread's post #14 to your main Nintendo 3DS folder.

While I don't believe path (B) is overtly too difficult, it is a bit nerve wracking and does take a long time to complete. I've notice people always get stuck trying to run (1b) Backup CIAs & Saves. There's an intentional roadblock I placed in there to prevent accidental misuse in hopes whoever was successful in running that actually knows what they're supposed to do if they read the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

You can repair the Nintendo 3DS folder using instead Option (A) Quick; read and follow the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~ as a short term solution. See alexander1970's thread as one of the listed examples. When you the have time and opportunity, go back and properly repair with Option (B) Full.

If your main concern is about losing the GBA VC saves which you mentioned earlier in post #16, you can automatically and quickly back them all up in GBAVCSM. This is of course not really necessarily as Rebuild 3DS Database takes care of backing up and restoring all the saves so long as you the steps were followed as described in ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

Thank you... I'll try it tomorrow.

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There's nothing to be ashamed about path (B). All those examples I listed were those who ran into similar problems with their HOME Menu titles that became delisted or strangely acting up in FBI / Data Management.

You can also repair the Nintendo 3DS folder using instead Option (A) Quick as a short term solution; (again) reading and following the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~ in order to get the intended results. See alexander1970's thread as one of the listed examples. When you finally have the time and opportunity, go back and properly repair with Option (B) Full.

If your main concern is about losing the GBA VC saves which you mentioned earlier in post #16, these can all be automatically and quickly backed up in GBAVCSM, which has it's own ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~. This is of course not really necessary as Rebuild 3DS Database takes care of backing up and restoring all the saves so long as the steps were followed as described in ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

Still waiting for *Storage test succes*...

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How long have you been waiting for? Unless your SD card has very little free space like 4-6 GB, that free space check should take no longer than a 1 minute.

32 GB, 15~ is filled out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How long have you been waiting for? Unless your SD card has very little free space like 4-6 GB, that free space check should take no longer than a 1 minute.

I transferred the script to the memory card, ran it, inserted the AC Adapter. Then lowered the brightness. Now I'm waiting.

Maybe I should delete these .db files firstly?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32 GB, 15~ is filled out.

I transferred the script to the memory card, ran it, inserted the AC Adapter. Then lowered the brightness. Now I'm waiting.
That paints enough of a picture what's going on. Your SD card has intact storage but its controller is faulty.
Maybe I should delete these .db files firstly?
Are you being booted back to Option (B): Rebuild 3DS Database (Full) when you try to run (1b) Backup CIAs & Saves?

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That paints enough of a picture what's going on. Your SD card has intact storage but its controller is faulty.

Are you being booted back to Option (B): Rebuild 3DS Database (Full) when you try to run (1b) Backup CIAs & Saves?

I'm gettin' this:
qyae0Rtxylc.jpg

In order for the protection to subside, I have to wait for a successful test result, but I can't wait for it.
And then protection works. It stops me.
I understand it that way.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gettin' this:
-snip-
In order for the protection to subside, I have to wait for a successful test result, but I can't wait for it.
And then protection works. It stops me.
As was mentioned in post #25, there's a trick to this.

I didn't put that roadblock there to be mean. This was to keep unsuspecting noobs from mistakenly messing with their Nintendo 3DS folder.

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
As was mentioned in post #25, there's a trick to this.

I didn't put that roadblock there to be mean. This was to keep unsuspecting noobs from mistakenly messing with their Nintendo 3DS folder.

But I have done everything that was in instructions! Reduced brightness to a minimum and connected the AC Adapter...
I understand that you did this not out of harm)

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
* Removing. You don't necessarily have to delete those but can relocate them, although deleting is the easiest. However, you won't need them again. Don't reuse or put them back in.

Still waiting for storage test results (6 minutes) -_-
Maybe I should change my SD card.

Oh, no, something is happening.
Storage test succes!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You finally go past the "Backup run cancelled. Please read the option description." ? Did you see the "Testing the SD card for enough memory." ?

It seems like everything has already begun. Some kind of loadings. About 6 minutes left. Yes, for sure, everything has already begun.

As soon as I clicked on A after a successful test, the script started working with my apps.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like everything has already begun. Some kind of loadings. About 6 minutes left. Yes, for sure, everything has already begun.
Converting 15 GB worth of games back into CIAs will take a while. At a processing rate of 1.2 MB/s, that will take about 3.5 hours. While the n2DSXL does its own thing, you go on coffee break, read some news, catch up on some TV shows, etc. With the AC charger plugged in so the battery life doesn't die, the n2DSXL will turn itself off when it's done with (1b).

Edit - Check up on it once a while. If you see green blinking LED, that means the n2DSXL requires your attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu