Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
If anything this is interesting to see what data they collect about you. They surely have data on what you played, bought and for how long but may have more data than expected. Who knows.
So while the data erasure request will certainly not get you unbanned the request about data collection is worth a shot.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Only Nintendo owns the games. The users just get a licence.
Not how it works in Europe, at the moment it's unclear. But right now European Court have said that you can sell it on, and therefore there must be a ownership for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_goods

In July 2012, for instance for the European Union the European Court of Justice ruled in the case UsedSoft vs. Oracle that the sale of a software product, either through a physical support or download, constituted a transfer of ownership in EU law, thus the first sale doctrine applies; the ruling thereby breaks the "licensed, not sold" legal theory, but leaves open numerous questions

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so what is the point of doing this?

If your from the US, nothing for you. But your question in general. It would be interesting to see what data Nintendo keeps under people's profile. Then take the necessary steps to somehow get some access back to updates. (FW & Game) But this is just a pilot to see how it goes. Not guarantees.

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is garanteed that this won't unban a console

Dude, seriously, are you going to comment another 10.000 times with your opinion? What is on your life's mission to absolutely make sure people do not do it? Just for the troll's or?

leon8179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your from the US, nothing for you. But your question in general. It would be interesting to see what data Nintendo keeps under people's profile. Then take the necessary steps to somehow get some access back to updates. (FW & Game) But this is just a pilot to see how it goes. Not guarantees.
the ban is on the cert of the console, how will removing personal data uplift the ban? Am I missing something?

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, not with an opinion, just facts

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not at all

No, YOU don't

You seem to know everything for a fact, what's the purpose of life? What Cryptocurrency will go up next? and How long do I still have to live? You have absolutely 0,0 facts. Stating them on non-sense.

At least I am honest by saying that there are no guarantees and that people are free to try it, or not. You keep pushing your 'facts' down people's throat like a dictator.

Well good luck, This is my last comment on your posts.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's fully possible that Nintendo is breaking the law by blocking your account with games on it. That's what I'm most intrested about. Because that would be a whole lot of stores would have problems. Today for example EULA means jack in Sweden, it got no legal grounds. First, they must proove that "I ACCEPTED" it. Not my cat, my neighbour, my girlfriend, but I, as the account owner accepted the EULA. And a lot of the parts in the EULA breaks Swedish law. That's why I think Nintendo don't have a single leg to stand on if it reaches the European Court. My purchase is that I own said product. It might even be illegal for the to block the console since it violates the usage of it. As it haven't been tried in court, it's a grey area.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You seem to know everything for a fact
About this topic I do.

You have absolutely 0,0 facts.
Actually I do:
It is guaranteed that this won't unban a console
You keep pushing your 'facts' down people's throat like a dictator.
Facts, not 'facts'

It's fully possible that Nintendo is breaking the law by blocking your account with games on it.
It is not. You agreed to everything

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
About this topic I do.

Actually I do:

Facts, not 'facts'

It is not. You agreed to everything
No, I didn't agree to anything. There is no proof anywhere that I accepted the license agreement. This is what I'm telling you, the legal standpoint with EULA doesn't mean anything here in Sweden and most likely in multiple EU countries. I think you might be able to get a refund on your purchases if your account gets banned for whatever reason. It would open a gigantic wormhole that will eventually be stopped. But not at the moment no.

biggyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, I didn't agree to anything. There is no proof anywhere that I accepted the license agreement. This is what I'm telling you, the legal standpoint with EULA doesn't mean anything here in Sweden and most likely in multiple EU countries. I think you might be able to get a refund on your purchases if your account gets banned for whatever reason. It would open a gigantic wormhole that will eventually be stopped. But not at the moment no.

You are right, If GBAtemp adds that they own your soul on signup does not mean they do. But according to @c80 where ever you tick 'I agree' it is binding. Completely non-sense indeed.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It's fully possible that Nintendo is breaking the law by blocking your account with games on it. That's what I'm most intrested about. Because that would be a whole lot of stores would have problems. Today for example EULA means jack in Sweden, it got no legal grounds. First, they must proove that "I ACCEPTED" it. Not my cat, my neighbour, my girlfriend, but I, as the account owner accepted the EULA. And a lot of the parts in the EULA breaks Swedish law. That's why I think Nintendo don't have a single leg to stand on if it reaches the European Court. My purchase is that I own said product. It might even be illegal for the to block the console since it violates the usage of it. As it haven't been tried in court, it's a grey area.
Can you put this on the OP so people stop saying "it's a waste of time", thank you.

Reactions: biggyd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM