Eternal Sonata (PS3 or 360)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by XXLANCEXX, Dec 26, 2010.

Dec 26, 2010

Eternal Sonata (PS3 or 360) by XXLANCEXX at 8:04 PM (1,195 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. XXLANCEXX
    OP

Member XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I Really Want Eternal Sonata on the PS3 but someone told me and he has the 360 version and he told me this "In the PS3 version, there's 2 extra characters and one extra story dungeon. The story isn't any longer on the PS3, just altered." so theyre is no more to the story on the Ps3 than the 360 version [​IMG] please help me figure this out

2. kaputnik

Member kaputnik GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    That's an easy one: get the Xbox version. There's a rip of the PS3 version, but it won't boot with the current backup managers :>

3. XXLANCEXX
    OP

United States
    i cant play the 360 version i need the update from xbox live and i herd the story was all off balance on the 360 version and it doesnt make sense on the 360 version

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    If your going legit than get the PS3 version for the extras. You can get the game for a song and the game is well worth it. Personally its my favourite RPG of this generation.

5. kaputnik

Member kaputnik GBAtemp Regular

Sweden

I played the xbox version and really enjoyed it. Btw, how could the few additions in the PS3 version alter the whole story and get it to make sense [​IMG]

You can do an offline dashboard update if you don't want to connect your Xbox that I assume is flashed with a custom DVD firmware to XBL. Just be careful with installing the latest two versions of the dashboard if you got an older version of iX flashed :>

6. XXLANCEXX
    OP

United States
    I dont like my 360 i only have it to pirate games but only to try it out and if i like the game ill buy it on my PS3 but other than that No.....ps3 has a little more stuff on my games but no difference really :/ but i like buying my games

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Eternal sonata was wave 2- if that is asking for an update then you have a JTAG capable 360.

Likewise if you mean title update you can add those by hand.

Back on topic I have not played the PS3 version but I found the 360 version to be one of the most enjoyable JRPGs I have played in recent years (aside from the honourable mention to Sudeki on the original xbox it was only Resonance of Fate that one upped that and Magna Carta 2 that matched it)- certainly a swift turnabout and enough to avoid the final fantasy clone fatigue I was in danger of suffering.

8. Megane

Member Megane GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    IGN strongly suggest playing this game on PS3 but I don't know why. [​IMG]

9. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Sounds like I need to get Eternal Sonata for PS3...
    Haven't played it in ages anyways.

I remember loving it for 360, but if the PS3 has more stuff...obviously get it for PS3. It's not all that expensive, especially if you count quality vs price.