Hacking eShop without System Update 9.5.0-22U

Pink Gold Peach

Random Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that means that the info GW gave about 9.5 emuNAND on New 3DS is no longer an issue... is it?
And yeah I agree, if you already are on 9.4 for a regular 3DS, 9.5 has nothing new, so you either don't update or if you want to get some eShop things you could go to 9.5

As I said, I am just going to stay at 9.4.0-21U just incase anything is to come up and I dont need the eShop, I just wanted to see if there was a way past that update.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If your on 9.4 you might as well update. In terms of what's blocked, nothing really changed with 9.5 compared to 9.4/9.3. There was an unreleased Arm9 exploit discovered by yellows8 that got patched in 9.5. But it's not clear he was even using the exploit in his personal CFW. So it won't impact future Gateway support anyway. RegionThree and ram injectors still work on 9.5.

Reactions: Margen67

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that means that the info GW gave about 9.5 emuNAND on New 3DS is no longer an issue... is it?
And yeah I agree, if you already are on 9.4 for a regular 3DS, 9.5 has nothing new, so you either don't update or if you want to get some eShop things you could go to 9.5
No, that means that we'll have to continue waiting until someone more generous cracks 9.5.

Reactions: Margen67

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.2U, with the 9.5U nag screen on my 2DS. There was literally no reason to upgrade to 9.4, you only fucked yourself out of some great exploits.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would say it's useless to stay at 9.4, it's not like another exploit like 9.2 will be found anytime soon (last time, it took near 2 years for that exploit).

If you want to use the gateway, you'll have to buy another 3DS anyway, or to buy a Sky3DS (which don't care about the firmware version).

ninjaculate

Sayer of Dumb Things
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.2U, with the 9.5U nag screen on my 2DS. There was literally no reason to upgrade to 9.4, you only fucked yourself out of some great exploits.

I mean, is that super necessary? I also upgraded to 9.4, before I started getting interested in the 3DS flashcart scene. So at the time, I was just doing the mandatory updates to get into the eshop, etc and now I am interested in a flashcart. It's not as though what you're saying will help him somehow revert to 9.2 or something like that. It was obviously a mistake, but only with 20/20 hindsight.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, is that super necessary? I also upgraded to 9.4, before I started getting interested in the 3DS flashcart scene. So at the time, I was just doing the mandatory updates to get into the eshop, etc and now I am interested in a flashcart. It's not as though what you're saying will help him somehow revert to 9.2 or something like that. It was obviously a mistake, but only with 20/20 hindsight.

Well Sky3DS still works with 9.5.x-x, so now is the time to buy. Gateway will have to either crack the system wide open for us, or wait for another exploit in the 9.x/10.x range.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're limited on choice of card. You can wait, but no one here knows when GW will support 9.4 on sysnand. Just make sure you keep that in mind.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
isn't there a way you can use a proxy server (Charles Proxy) and edit it somehow? similar to how users on psvita can access the psn store once a mandatory update has been pushed out and your on TN-V on an outdated version ??

does that make sense?

T
Connection is encrypted.
Hum... has anyone tried to use NS to start the eshop and see it works ? (I haven't tried that myself)

Ya know back in the day you could go on the Wii shop by just doing a title install of the shop with a newer version. I wonder if the same is possible on 3DS. Does the eShop actually update or just check firmware? It claims it needs to update the system like the Wii did but in reality it title updated the shop too which was all it needed.
Check is done through a service by eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-