Hacking eShop on 9.2 emunand

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded to 9.2 and installed emunand with rxtools. My question is, is there a way to run the eshop and download game updates/ play games online? Ive tried downloading the 10.6 nver and running free patcher and also hans, but its still telling me a system update is required. If someone knows a method please share, IDC if it takes a full day to do :D
I will have hardmod supplies here shortly as well if thats needed for it.
skype; vreynero638
ts3; sliceofnirvana.ddns.net
If you add me or join just pm me on here and ill just right on.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The point of having an emuNAND is to update it while the sysNAND is still on an exploitable firmware...

Well, that was before a9lh, now some people also update their sysNAND.

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of having an emuNAND is to update it while the sysNAND is still on an exploitable firmware...

Well, that was before a9lh, now some people also update their sysNAND.
Im really really new to this stuff, I just wanted it so I could play roms, but now knowing that most of said roms are super out dated, and need updates to fix a lot of issues with the game itself, I need a way to access the eshop. So are you saying that I should use the system settings to update on my emu nand to 10.6 or w.e?

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im really really new to this stuff, I just wanted it so I could play roms, but now knowing that most of said roms are super out dated, and need updates to fix a lot of issues with the game itself, I need a way to access the eshop. So are you saying that I should use the system settings to update on my emu nand to 10.6 or w.e?

The point of an emunand is to be able to update it to the latest firmware, and leave the exploitable sysnand version alone. So yes, you typically update your emunand to the latest (10.6 in this case), and then update your games by accessing the eshop.

Just be VERY careful if you're using system update on your emunand that you don't update your sysnand by mistake.

You can also download updates in .cia format and install if you don't want to go into the eshop.

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright sweet, thanks for the tips guys. Im running rxtools as my cfw so should I just go to system settings in there and update?
Will rx still work after this or how will I launch into it?

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright sweet, thanks for the tips guys. Im running rxtools as my cfw so should I just go to system settings in there and update?
Will rx still work after this or how will I launch into it?

Sorry, I don't know about Rxtools. I'm using Reinand as I just wanted something simple to run games from. Whichever CFW you're using, it should signify when you go into system tools that you're on emunand. For example, in Reinand it says Rei 10.6-31 when I'm in emunand. The Rei isn't there if I'm in sysnand.

Also, keep in mind that every time you leave system tools, you reboot into sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.