Homebrew Errors when testing DS Game Maker games

tobydavisdev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently tried to install DS Game Maker, I am aware that a VirtualBox VM was released containing a fully functional version, but I'd prefer to actually install it on my operating system. I believe I have all the required libraries, however whenever I try to test any included demos out to make sure the compiler works, it always gives me the same error. It will always say:
c:/[temp project directory]/source/main.c:1:17: fatal error: PA9.h: No such file or directory
This error happens on any project I try to compile and I can't figure out what do to. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• asteroidcompile.PNG
    asteroidcompile.PNG
    62.3 KB · Views: 244
  • newproj.PNG
    newproj.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 251

TuanPanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i also can't get dsgm compiled in my machine...
even their example broke with the latest devkitpro...
i mean its been not updated for a long period of time...

if you looking for graphic library... you may want to check nflib... its much more simple and still working with the latest devkitpro

sourceforge.net/projects/nflib/

DigitalDesignDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is an old post but in case it helps you could refer to the below tutorial I made for setting up DS Game Maker (DSGM) to run natively on windows 10.

Considering your errors indicate a devkit pro or palib library related file is missing or isn't discoverable, I believe the problem could be that you either have the wrong version of devkit pro installed or devkit pro isn't being recognized by dsgm.

My tutorial goes over the installing the proper version of devkit pro and editting the PC environment variables so dsgm is actually able to find and use Devkit pro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof