Hacking "Error writing configuration file" when configuring Luma 3DS settings

RivalDestiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVER MIND! Got it to work everyone! SD card was not writable. Now it is.

Hi all,

I'm updating my B9S on my 3DS (was previously on version EMU 11.4 and LUMA 8). I'm on this step where I turn on my 3DS into LUMA 9.1 and enable "Show NAND or user string in System Settings."

After pressing start and enabling that setting, it shows up an error as follows:

"An error has occurred:

Error writing the configuration file"

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited by RivalDestiny,
Reactions: Alexander1970

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what does it mean? was not writable? you switch it on sd card? or how?
I suppose that the write protection slider of the SD card (or the SD adapter) was activated. I mean, this:

sd_sandisk-300x300.jpg

karelvotruba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i have only micro sd ...without lock... and i get same error :( i dont know what to do... cannot boot to older function version...and cannot boot to new homebrew...i stuck at this stupid error :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also format micro sd... test it to be sure micro sd card is not corrupted....

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
but i have only micro sd ...without lock... and i get same error :( i dont know what to do... cannot boot to older function version...and cannot boot to new homebrew...i stuck at this stupid error :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also format micro sd... test it to be sure micro sd card is not corrupted....
Your microSD card works normally on a PC or another computing device? That is, you can write and read any file into the card without problems?

Did you use H2TestW to verify/test the microSD card status?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes i verify micro sd by 3ds.eiphax.tech/sderrors.html
And you used another microSD card (on FAT32 format, 32kB cluster size, primary partition, MBR table) with only the boot.firm from latest Luma version on its root? Only for discard and verify if the same problem is present

Last edited by fmkid,

karelvotruba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have only one micro sd..i have another one in new nintendo 2ds ...but i cannot use it becaus its invisible for computer...dont know why

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i have only one micro sd
Get another and try, please (ask to borrow one, if you will).

It's important, because if the same problem persists after all, then possibly is a hardware failure (SD card reader/slot from your console could be damaged/faulty/dirty...)

karelvotruba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have console in guarantee..but i suppose i lost it when i tried to install jailbrake... or not? console is new...now i tried another micro sd and i cannot see content in computer... through sd reader ..it looks its too large? i can see content only through mobile

Last edited by karelvotruba,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i have console in guarantee..but i suppose i lost it when i tried to install jailbrake... or not?
Technically, yes. There's an option (not recommend, by the way) to uninstall the hack/CFW, but with the actual problem on your console is hard to get it on (because it needs access to the microSD, anyway)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol