Hacking Error with Waninkoko & HBC

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much fail for one thread. Hard to reply. "Duty calls", eh?

waninkoko said:
That's probably fault of the HBC so it should be fixed by bushing & co.
waninkoko said:
The bug comes from libogc.

Uh...

In reality, nobody can say. In particular, Wiimote support is really complicated code, and it has caused many projects to be delayed (two of which most famously being WiiMiidia and our Homebrew Channel itself). There is no released version of libogc that has Wiimote support; you have to go to libogc CVS to get it, and if you do that, you're taking all of that risk upon yourself.

Still, it's piss-poor form to start pointing fingers at everyone one else without some sort of proof.

WiiCrazy said:
QUOTE(zosh @ May 31 2008, 09:40 PM)
There are people amongst the homebrew developers who strongly feel that Waninkoko is freeloading on the groundbreaking work other people do to further a decidedly positive cause. And if you take a closer look at one of jesushchrist's "insulting" statements - "all there is left for your wad crap is vc/wiiware piracy" - well, he's not really wrong, is he?

"A decidedly positive cause" is making an homebrew channel and freeing people to run anything on their machines and possibly giving a way for people to use pirated content on their wiis (whether be emus, playing downloaded movies, music etc. ). So how different this positive cause do you actually think from a wad or any other package installer app?

This is so wrong that it deserves its own special response.

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Related to the same bug entry quoting bushing from comments at http://hackmii.com/2008/05/the-homebrew-channel/
"The HBC Beta 7 requires IOS35. We’re aware of the problem, and will have a fix for the next release."
You fail it (where "it" is quoting my response to a comment about the HBC failing to load at all)

teq said:
LibOGC is the foundation of all homebrew, aside from the Twilight hack. This library is continuously being developed for the most recent version of IOS, because as the firmware advances, more features will be enabled.
Partially right. libogc doesn't really care about which version of IOS you're running, because the main differences between versions of IOS are so subtle that libOGC doesn't hit them. The only reason IOS version matters here at all is that in creating a channel, you MUST specify a specific version of IOS, and we made a poor choice when generating the TMD.

As for Waninkoko's tools, the fact that they load fine using every other method means the issue has to lie with the HBC. Code of this nature doesn't execute with any recursion in a way that a loaded ELF would cause an issue with the channel, but vice versa is true.
No. Anybody here who codes will tell you about all of the times when a change in one piece of code makes another part break. This doesn't mean the first part broke the second; it means that the second part made bad assumptions about its operating environment and was only "accidentally" working. It sucks, but them's the breaks. That's why we put "fucking errors with hexadecimal" in, so we don't have to play these pointless guessing games.

retrozelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same error...However, not when I load wad manager, it when I load the HBC. It has the icon to find the sd card then it goes black and has the "CODE DUMP".

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
bushing said:
WiiCrazy said:
Related to the same bug entry quoting bushing from comments at http://hackmii.com/2008/05/the-homebrew-channel/
"The HBC Beta 7 requires IOS35. We’re aware of the problem, and will have a fix for the next release."
You fail it (where "it" is quoting my response to a comment about the HBC failing to load at all)

Well it was just a quick spotting there, I myself didn't investigated the thing and just quoted directly giving the appropriate reference. Let so be it...

bushing
Real, genuine “Homebrew Channels” are almost nonexistent, and for good reason — they’re really tough to make when you don’t pirate existing Nintendo content for your banner file or NANDLoader. They offer more convenience than using the Twilight Hack to launch your homebrew, but that added convenience is almost never worth the added risk of bricking your Wii.

Well there are channels out there which are used by people like emus and such. Even the homebrew channel itself comes out of a wad package internally to be installed, hasn't that booting elf just trails the wad package after the installer code? So wad packages are evil when they are separate and standalone but considered harmless and decidedly of good reason to be chosen when trailed in a self installer code?

It's too late to talk about the good and bad and most probably evil things when the fire has already began, when the hole is out there wide open. It's out of your control. Land owner can do something about that.

Warez, isos , stuff in theory make the console/hardware/intellectual property owners (big dudes) lose money after they release something. Whereas hacking, publishing exploits and such also cost money for that big dudes implementing security measures in their system, covering up the holes, increased service costs because of unintended use. You should already know since you earn your life from professional programming, For breaking a system one noob to type a character more is enough yet to correctly fixing the situation needs often lots of resources. Fixing a small hole exploitted by a non paid coder in days can be a months work for the big dudes probably costing them much much more money, much much more precious human resources otherwise could be invested into much good cause for the legitimate users. Too keep it short, you can't take two different things out of the same mudded water (native speakers self enhance this to a proverb i'm not a native speaker) and say one of them shines and one of them is shit.

Much as the same way, all the other aspects into these doesn't make sense and completely bullshit, there's no such thing as "decidedly good cause" especially with above strings attached.

For me though, both shines...

maglat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
When i launch the WAD manager with the hbc, all my wads appears. Then if i wait a while (like 5 seconds), my wiimote deco
If before five seconds, i press the down arrow, there is a fucking error with hexadecimal text, like CODE DUMP: and hexadecimal
This is the same with Wii 64

Any suggestion?

Hey guys i had the same problem like you.
i figured out that the problem comes from the wii mote support.

please guys, tray that.

go to the wii settings and set the wii mote sensitivity to 2 (first it was 5 on my wii).
you can belive it or not but it works for me and i never get the code dump error anymore.
now the wad manager and wii64 works fine

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohmy.gif

This has just turned into a WAD-flaming thread.
QUOTE said:

I think you got the url wrong, try this one:
http://www.ilovetotroll.com/becauseimanarsehole/

Flamed back
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

And, thanks for all the work bushing! No idea about all this technical gibberish you're arguing over, but it seems to have produced an argument. Peace?

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had this problem a few times with Wii64 and other homebrew, some software is a bit glitchy without it. I don't know how the FAT library handles fragmentation but I do try not to let that be the problem and things generally work pretty well. To do do this:

Try copying everything off of the SD card and store it on your computer.
Format the SD card with FAT
Copy everything back.
Try your homebrew now.

Of course, if your card is bad, this may not entirely fix the problem...

LinkinParkmetre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you think that the SD card format is the problem.
I'm going to tell you something: everyone, in this forum, has formatted his sd card to FAT 16, because the old hbc supported only that. No one has formatted his sd card since this moment, and only a few gets the CODE DUMP error. Formating again the sd card won't fix the problem, cause it will still be the same sd card. The problem is obviously deeper

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read my post carefully.
QUOTE said:
I don't know how the FAT library handles fragmentation(...)

To be honest, I could care less if your WAD manager crashes because it is 95% pirate material. Also, for pete's sake, if you are going to try and rip me a new hole, do it with dignity, otherwise, you are just making an ass out of yourself.

LinkinParkmetre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read your post only one time, apologizes.
The fact is that above piracing, wad is a way to create channels, homebrews included.
If i really want to hack, i'll take first version.

That's why i care so much about it

Linguist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LinkinParkmetre said:
So we need that update... Can bushing or waninkoko says an approaching time that the update will last?
excuse me, LinkinParkmetre: have you read the postings of both developers?

i dont think, that bushing will ever make an update only for that reason to get waninkokos tools working with hbc. he made his point above.

If only the wad manager is not working in hbc, why not using the twilight hack? How many times a day do you want to manage wad files on your wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock