1. kongcaodm

OP kongcaodm Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    I tried to open the .arc files (extracted from Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies) with Karameru and freearc, but failed.

The first 8 bytes of arc files are: (for example)
    00000000.arc - 41 52 43 43 07 00 15 00 - ARCC....
    00000018.arc - 41 52 43 43 07 00 15 00 - ARCC....
    00000875.arc - 41 52 43 43 07 00 15 00 - ARCC....

I'm wondering if they are encrypted:unsure:

p.s. please rename .rar to .arc which is the original one

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. kongcaodm

OP kongcaodm Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    I used EFE(EveryFileExplorer) to open 00000000.arc, 00000018.arc and 00000875.arc but nothing happened.:unsure:

Then, I followed post#390 in the thread
    ( /threads/project-the-great-ace-attorney-dai-gyakuten-saiban-fan-translation.427572/page-20#post-6685429 )

I used arcUnpack.py with python 2.7 to unpack 0, 18 and 875.arc but all failed.
    Most lines read 'incomplete or truncated stream' and the last line read 'incorrect header check'

The error of 00000000.arc with arcUnpack.py showed like this:
    Code:
    WY忝?.k-T;?%襗9:[email protected]骞????1V failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%襗9:?IUxD?鶚>饊鳑?[l0 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%襗9:?IUx斏D+] failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%襗9:?IUxH诲Y禋?溴爹嘎M failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%襗9:?IUx 断^8#.{惰? failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%襢┧?貛6P4谖xZ揨 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?暀焐痰?.???B鮲i? failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?8婯    焹募?塮A failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?8婯    焹      [email protected] failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?8婯    焹@ZㄅF塿豍?潪3 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?8婯    焹羥&┊@,昚?? failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?8婯    焹5螕KmN肟 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?8婯    焹蕦On?Z?(腍?畍 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%?隶鈴A墋刮簰???彤齩?failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%尧{揳^揚霹倨/% failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

WY忝?.k-T;?%?w拑Mq"??(?暃仹?乥 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%覔顅X?r?忀€ failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%曳倣}頯3曇o???懻璁q!旞 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T;?%??J卟{兔鸠駽梋 failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T€瀁?P黹?j杮qE???o?failed to decompress, Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream
    WY忝?.k-T€瀁?P黹?j杮qE???o?failed to decompress, Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check

It made me more confused.:wacko:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  3. kongcaodm

OP kongcaodm Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Could anybody give me some hints about opening this kinda .arc files, or some advice about which other forums I could ask for help in? Thanks in advance.:bow:

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Framework, opening, error