Hacking Error while downgrading (installing A9LH on old3DS with gateway)

darkness_shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
» Pre Setup
  • Copy the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card.
  • Copy the contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder on to root of your GW Red Card uSD.
» How to setup (O3DS):

• Make sure you have WiFi configured and working.
  • GATEWAY 3DS based entrypoint:
    • Boot into GATEWAY 3DS sysNAND mode (Force GW Menu by holding down L during boot, hold B while pressing A to boot)
    • Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
  • Homebrew based entrypoint:
    • Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
    • In the GATEWAY Time Machine menu select the 2.x downgrade
Hello, I did all those steps but at 50% the downgrade failed with that kind of message "an error has occured please turn off". The 3DS don't boot with sd card but when I take it off I can boot and when I go to settings I can see 2.1.0-4E... I don't know what to do any advise please ?

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I did all those steps but at 50% the downgrade failed with that kind of message "an error has occured please turn off". The 3DS don't boot with sd card but when I take it off I can boot and when I go to settings I can see 2.1.0-4E... I don't know what to do any advise please ?
Gateway installs A9LH at v2.1 and if your system doesn't boot without the sd card it means a9lh is successfully installed, but I wouldn't be too confident if there was an error beforehand.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why everyone recommends to use the community guide for installing A9LH and then just using the arm9loaderhax.bin provided by gateway. Gateway's downgrade tools are rubbish, especially their tools to install A9LH. Plus their A9LH is locked to booting only gateway, meaning you can't use any community-made arm9 payloads.
Does gateway have a troubleshooting guide as well? If so you may want to check theirs to see what you can do.

Reactions: olec04

darkness_shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just noticed that I did not even did those steps :

Homebrew based entrypoint:
  • Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
  • In the GATEWAY Time Machine menu select the 2.x downgrade
Because my 3ds crashed after lunching downgrade from timemachine in gateway's OSD... Now I'm stuck ?

Last edited by darkness_shadow,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already told you what to do. Stop using Gateway's tools and install the open-source superior a9lh that's still compatible with Gateway :teach:
Also, be patient. This is a forum board, people won't answer you instantly.
Edit:
From the rules you agreed to when you signed up:
"Avoid bumping (reviving) old or new topics; they'll be replied to when they're replied to."

The more you bump, the less likely people are to actually pay attention to you.

Last edited by Swiftloke,

TheTheTony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like u had menuhax installed

darkness_shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not easier if I update with a retail radridge to 4.5 and use the profile nds hack like it was before ?
If after that I put my SD card back will my installed cia will be recognized ?

darkness_shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In their brand new A9LH guide they say this :

"Problem:3DS won’t turn on after using Gateway Time-Machine to downgrade to 2.x
Solution:Remove the internal SD Card and power on your system, then re-insert it after it boots and continue the guide"

But when I go to the go-gateway site my 3DS crash...

SigmaSebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In their brand new A9LH guide they say this :

"Problem:3DS won’t turn on after using Gateway Time-Machine to downgrade to 2.x
Solution:Remove the internal SD Card and power on your system, then re-insert it after it boots and continue the guide"

But when I go to the go-gateway site my 3DS crash...
I found the solution, well, at least for my case. It was almost the same as your case.

"My english isn't the best, but I will try to explain it.

In the middle of a downgrade, (from 4.5 to 2.1) something failed, and the message "an error has ocurred" appeared.
I was in despair, I tried everything, I searched everywhere on the NET. I tried the page go.gateway-3ds, and a thousand of pages like that to run the exploit with the Gateway's launcher.dat. Then I tried to install rxTools 3.0, but It didn't worked.

So, I was thinking that, if the pages run the payload automatically, they may be running the wrong payload. Because I had a combination of 4.5 and 2.1.
I installed an APP from Playstore, (thinking that the app would let me choose the payload, but it didnt), and hosted the launcher.dat of gateway. I inserted the IP that the app gave me on my 3ds, and it worked. I was on the Gateway menu. The page go.gateway never worked, but the app worked. Strange, huh?
The same app, had an option to run rxTool.dat as well, and it worked. (The official pages to install rxTool didn't worked). And that's pretty much how I did it. Then I just installed FBI.cia and sysupdater.cia, I downloaded the 9.2 files of USA and updated. Now everything is working smoothly.

Sorry for the broken english.!

The APP is 3ds x loader

Last edited by SigmaSebas,
Reactions: NetoSenpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.