Error when loading Smash Bros. with PastaCFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shicky256, May 22, 2015.

1. Shicky256
    OP

Shicky256 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2013
    United States
    Hi. I'm having a little trouble getting Super Smash Bros. 4 working on PastaCFW. I install it with BigBlueMenu, the icon shows up, it looks like it's going to run fine, but it doesn't work, and tells me that an error has occurred and that I should turn off the system. I have over 20 GB free on the SD card and other applications work fine. This happens on every CIA I could find of Smash Bros. 4. Here's a video showing what I'm talking about (you may want to skip around).

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Testing this with a legit cartridge, I noticed that the pasta mode is removed after exiting the game. I think this happens because the game does a soft reboot to enable higher memory mode. This results in the 3ds booting into a clean firm. The new 3ds probably won't have this problem.

3. Shicky256
    OP

Shicky256 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2013
    United States
    GBA games do the same thing, and they work fine on the 2DS.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    make sure the SD card your using is legit with H2testw no doubt we will see lots of people buying fake SD cards to use with this, basically even if the SD says 32GB on it, if its a cheap knock off card they usually only store much less....around 4-8GB, once you use up more space than that it will just be corrupting other bits of the card, before you go any further verify the SD card is genuine
    if you open a different game/application rather than picking close on the homescreen the 3DS will not reboot

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    That's what I did and the pasta was still digested. It's the initial RAM increase reboot that wipes the pasta I think.

6. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    I'm getting this same issue also, however, the EUR version cia runs fine when loaded via bbm, (of course it doesn't show in home menu).

7. irumi

irumi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2007
    Same error with Monster Hunter 4 Utimate US version.

I've got same results with Super Smash Brothers, I even tried my legit cart of both games and created a save file using those.

Then I booted up to Pasta CFW and load the cia of Smash and got the black screen with error message.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Shicky256 irumi
    Use the EUR legit CIA version and load it through BigBlueMenu.

9. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    What's your sysnand version?

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    says 9.0.0-20 in the video, but from what i read pasta doesnt deal very well with games that remap the ram (smash bros/monster hunter 4).....so basically if you try to launch a non-legit version of those games the pasta patches are lost before it boots up so if the game was non-legit it craps out on launching.....except for on the n3DS where it doesnt do the ram re-mapping

DjoeN likes this.
  11. irumi

irumi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2007
    the CFW will also be lost if you try to access the Settings. my FW is 8.1.0, 2DS updated from 7.1 via Smash Bros. cart.