Error updating new 3ds after A9LH.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by killerwg, Feb 10, 2017.

1. killerwg
    OP

killerwg Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2008
    Brazil
    I´m following https://3ds.guide
    Everything works on the first try. But when I try to update from network it fails.

I was on this step: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
    "7 - Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe, stop asking about it
    • The warning about never updating a New 3DS from 2.1.0 does not apply after restoring your NAND backup.
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
    Then I followed 9.2.0 ctrtransfer, because it was on 9.0.0 U.
    In this step it show the same error, can´t update and then restart:
    "10 - Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe, stop asking about it
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto"
    The DNS is AUTO. I configurated another connection and still doesn´t work.

Any suggestions?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    What is the error code you are getting?
    Actually, you should be able to restore your NAND backup made before the 2.1 transfer. Hourglass9 is suppose to make a backup of your current NAND. You can use Hourglass9 to restore that NAND.

3. killerwg
    OP

killerwg Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2008
    Brazil
    Only this no code.
    I try to pdate.
    "Updating. Please wait. Do not turn off..."
    after a few seconds-> "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted."

4. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Is any other online related app working? Try opening eshop or online in a game if you have one

5. killerwg
    OP

killerwg Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2008
    Brazil
    satan89 The connection test are ok. But I´ll try.
    I think u help me to "think out of the box." My router is blocking some nintendo site because of the Wii U.
    I´ll try to disable it.

6. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    This is a common issue with the 3DS consoles in general and is not specific to the use of CFW+A9LH. Did you ever try to google your problem, or just assume it was because of the CFW? http://en-americas-support.nintendo...a_id/3213/~/unable-to-perform-a-system-update

7. killerwg
    OP

killerwg Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2008
    Brazil
    Thx for the help.
    After a few attempts, after changing the router settings, the update worked.