ssjnaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I used to be a regular lurking these forums, but I took a "break" from Wii related stuff, so I had to catch up by doing a lot of reading. Recently, I got interested in the TCP function of the HBC, which lets you send ELFs & DOLs to your Wii over WiFi.

So, I gave it a shot with wiiload.

Basically, I just followed some of the instructions over at the wiibrew page to add 'Send to Wii' to my right-click context menu.

QUOTE said:
Right-click Context Menu

Warning! Messing in your Registry is risky, if you mess it up, Wiibrew or I hold no responsibility!

* Make sure wiiload.exe is in c:\windows\system32
* Paste this into a Notepad document and save it as wiiload.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.elf\shell\Send to Wii\command]
@="wiiload %1"

* Then, double-click the file and choose to "Import into Registry". You may, if you wish, now delete the wiiload.reg file.
* Now you can right click any .elf file, and "send to wii"
smile.gif

So yeah, I did that.. but, if I try to use it, I get the following error messages:

4303755.jpg

After I click OK, the normal TCP GUI just shows up.. =/ I tried forwarding TCP port 4299 on my Wii's IP, but that didn't work either.

63753040.jpg

Any ideas, guys? I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
biggrin.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmmmm.... not sure but wiiload always work for me if I use devkitpro (alt + r), and if I'm not on devkitpro I better use "sendelf" to do it the way you're trying to...!!!
smile.gif

ssjnaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Mmmmmm.... not sure but wiiload always work for me if I use devkitpro (alt + r), and if I'm not on devkitpro I better use "sendelf" to do it the way you're trying to...!!!
smile.gif

SendELF doesn't work either, I'm afraid. =/

I booted up ftpii, thanks to a suggestion from a guy from EFnet IRC, but that doesn't work either..

Though - it does tell me what happens when the 'TransmitFile Failed' error pops up on my computer.

It says (on my Wii):

QUOTEAccepted connection from xx.xxx.xx.xx (my computer IP here)!
Wrote reply: 220 ftpii
Received a null byte from client, closing connection ;-)
Client disconnected.

That's all that happens.. I don't know if that'll give a hint to anybody.. but I appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks guys!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-