Error Installing Official E-Shop game

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Graphiceye1821, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Graphiceye1821 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    I was installing USB Helper games and installed Brain Age, forgetting I was using that as my Homebrew Launcher Channel, so I deleted it and just download it again from the Official E-shop, it downloads it but once it tries to install it it gives me an error, any thoughts? ...thanks

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Thats because you have a fake ticket for the game already on the system when you installed the pirated version. When you delete a game the ticket remains on the system you need to use FTPiiu_Everywhere to remove the fake ticket to fix the issue

3. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Ok Thank you

4. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Is there a how to to do that? cuz all I get do with it is get access to my SD thats in the system through IP address?

5. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Ok I have all the folders, where do i go from there I am brand new to this app and how to find things. The game is Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!

Last edited by Graphiceye1821, Jul 6, 2017
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    there's a way to fix this. u need tik2sd first. run that. then, u'll get a file containing ticket information. look up the title key for the game on the title key site, then, compare that to the files with all the tickets in it. after that, grab the ticket file that corresponds to that. inside, u'll probably see several tickets. each tik starts with 00 01 00 04 in hex. I can't recall the hex length but it's either one of two sizes, so just look for that. the fake ticket should say diseased isabella or isabella is diseased (forgot which) in hex. delete that ticket, save, and transfer it back to the wii u. I forgot the location for ticket files though. lol. it's been a long time since I've done this. it isn't difficult to do though as long as u can use a hex editor.

7. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    ok I read some where, maybe? (system_slc/rights/ticket/apps/)?

godreborn likes this.
  8. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that sounds right. I know rights is one of the folders. thanks for reminding me. it is in the slc partition as well. use tik2sd first which will copy all of your tickets to the sd card along with a file that says exactly what you have installed. the game title id is in the tik, but it will tell u the title id when it's working its magic. the system may appear to freeze, but it's working. it just takes some time if u have a lot of games installed.

9. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Ok NEW at this i went into the word file I got from the backup of tickets I'm hoping this is the 1

0005000010179b00 cdee4e76566646885be2d628a393c31d (0004/00000003.tik@0x350)
    Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day

So would that mean go into folder 0004 and delete 00000003?

10. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    no, u need to do it through hex unless that's the only game in there. the wii u is pretty weird with how it handles licensing. the tik files contain tickets for several games in most cases.

11. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Yea thats the only game cuz I had the homebrew channel installed through it, i forgot about that and install the game through USB helper and the homebrew channel stop working so just trying to download the offical game through e-shop so i can re-install homebrew channel. But gotta delete the ticket first i heard

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh wait the only game in the system or the only game i'm deleting?

12. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it needs to be the only game in the ticket file. if other games are in there, which is likely, those games will stop working. the tik files go through some sort of algorithm which I don't believe is fully understood. what may be the ticket for your game, may be another ticket for someone else.

btw, the diseased isabella/isabella is diseased thing should keep looping in hex. you've found the correct location, so you either need to hex out the file if it's with other ticket files or delete the file if it's alone.

Graphiceye1821 likes this.
  13. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Ok it worked thank you so much.

godreborn likes this.
  14. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I figured this may be the reason for some cbhc bricks. install game normally, forget it's installed, install fake ticket, then the game is no longer usable. I'm not sure if it's the fake ticket that technically causes it to fail or if the fake ticket being first in the .tik file does. I'm sure someone knows for sure about that. the fake ticket doesn't get deleted with the game either, not sure if a real ticket does or not. what happens when u download the game, then try to install is the signature patches don't exist in ofw. it will try to use the fake ticket to decrypt the content, then fail immediately.

I meant to say buying and installing on cfw which should work. that's why it's best to test haxchi first without cfw.

Graphiceye1821 and Kafluke like this.
  15. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think tickets r either 848 bytes or 696 bytes. I just checked with my own tic2sd dump. I think the size relates to if it's retail or digital as well. this may or may not be helpful. lol

Graphiceye1821 likes this.
  16. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Do u know if there is a update trainer for Zelda BOTW yet for the new update/DLC for July, I keep looking on just one website and the current one is 4.0.3 from May?

17. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    don't know. I've actually yet to play that zelda game. I'm obsessed with platformers mostly. :P

18. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Oh ok, yea DEF play it great game

godreborn likes this.
  19. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I wrote a tutorial on getting rid of a fake ticket. it might help some people. plus, it boosts up my other wii u tutorials which the first one about using mongoose is outdated. don't people use xampp now? I use it myself for the ps4 exploit and the wii u one. here's the tutorial: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/pinkys-wii-u-tutorials.11377/

Nezztor and Graphiceye1821 like this.