Hacking Question Error code 2168-0002 when i try to boot with EmuNAND (SX OS newest beta)

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if the true issue was a custom theme. Pretty common among updating to 8.0 with choi yet ppl always blame the sxos or exfat

Sledgehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I wouldn't be surprised if the true issue was a custom theme. Pretty common among updating to 8.0 with choi yet ppl always blame the sxos or exfat
maybe? What i did different the time it worked, was that i didn't install as a hidden partition, just regular, and that i used a different 8.0.1 firmware file. I did have a custom theme before though... Maybe that's the isssue? It crashed again yesterday when i opened some homebrew i think so yeah it happens sometimes, but just playing regular XCI's, it works fine with no issues at all.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's a known issue if you have custom themes, this causes issues and also for some SX OS owners, EmuNand as Hidden partition doesn't play nice and EmuNand as files on microSD works fine.
It could be the type/brand of the microSD that is causing EmuNand as Hidden partition issues.

Sledgehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It's a known issue if you have custom themes, this causes issues and also for some SX OS owners, EmuNand as Hidden partition doesn't play nice and EmuNand as files on microSD works fine.
It could be the type/brand of the microSD that is causing EmuNand as Hidden partition issues.
yeah maybe, but it booted into it in the start when they had the same firmware, so i don't think that's the issue, more some leftover 7.0.0 file which didn't go well with 8.0.1

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hidden partition is ok but I don't recommend it if you plan to upgrade your SD card in the future b/c transferring files will be frustrating as it will require programs that can make a partition backup.
Stick with the Emunand Files option, but make sure the SD card is Fat32 to prevent data loss.

Sledgehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hidden partition is ok but I don't recommend it if you plan to upgrade your SD card in the future b/c transferring files will be frustrating as it will require programs that can make a partition backup.
Stick with the Emunand Files option, but make sure the SD card is Fat32 to prevent data loss.
mine is exfat, why would fat32 prevent data loss?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine is exfat, why would fat32 prevent data loss?
b/c certain homebrew can crash with exfat causing data loss mainly searching for values in cheats if you are into that sort of thing.
You end up losing the emunand files as well which is why ppl use hidden partition to preserve the emunand and its contents if something like that ever happens

Sledgehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
b/c certain homebrew can crash with exfat causing data loss mainly searching for values in cheats if you are into that sort of thing.
You end up losing the emunand files as well which is why ppl use hidden partition to preserve the emunand and its contents if something like that ever happens
na i don't do cheats, but i do like playing that prince of persia port every now and then if it's homebrew we're talking about.

ahh i wish it was as simple as the ds days...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm excited for my birthday even if it doesnt look like it