Question Error code 2168-0002 when i try to boot with EmuNAND (SX OS newest beta)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Sledgehogg, Jun 10, 2019.

1. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if the true issue was a custom theme. Pretty common among updating to 8.0 with choi yet ppl always blame the sxos or exfat

2. r1ch4rd

r1ch4rd Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2019
    Brazil
    How do you fixed?

3. Sledgehogg
    OP

Sledgehogg Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2018
    Denmark
    maybe? What i did different the time it worked, was that i didn't install as a hidden partition, just regular, and that i used a different 8.0.1 firmware file. I did have a custom theme before though... Maybe that's the isssue? It crashed again yesterday when i opened some homebrew i think so yeah it happens sometimes, but just playing regular XCI's, it works fine with no issues at all.

4. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    It's a known issue if you have custom themes, this causes issues and also for some SX OS owners, EmuNand as Hidden partition doesn't play nice and EmuNand as files on microSD works fine.
    It could be the type/brand of the microSD that is causing EmuNand as Hidden partition issues.

5. Sledgehogg
    OP

Sledgehogg Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2018
    Denmark
    yeah maybe, but it booted into it in the start when they had the same firmware, so i don't think that's the issue, more some leftover 7.0.0 file which didn't go well with 8.0.1

6. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Custom themes on 7.x is fine, it's when you go to 8.x that is when it causes issues, if you search the forums around here there is several posts/replies about this same issue.

7. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Hidden partition is ok but I don't recommend it if you plan to upgrade your SD card in the future b/c transferring files will be frustrating as it will require programs that can make a partition backup.
    Stick with the Emunand Files option, but make sure the SD card is Fat32 to prevent data loss.

8. Sledgehogg
    OP

Sledgehogg Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2018
    Denmark
    mine is exfat, why would fat32 prevent data loss?

9. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    b/c certain homebrew can crash with exfat causing data loss mainly searching for values in cheats if you are into that sort of thing.
    You end up losing the emunand files as well which is why ppl use hidden partition to preserve the emunand and its contents if something like that ever happens

10. Sledgehogg
    OP

Sledgehogg Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2018
    Denmark
    na i don't do cheats, but i do like playing that prince of persia port every now and then if it's homebrew we're talking about.

ahh i wish it was as simple as the ds days...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted