Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Pokemon X and Animal Crossing way back when before my Gateway card came in the mail. Just been using the headers from those for playing ROMs online, so I don't need to worry about it personally.

:P

I'm not worried either, although some are saying I'm personally banning myself. It doesn't make sense to ban myself if I'm not interested in online play yet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The whole thing is a giant cat and mouse game. Very few, if any, options are safe at the moment (and quite possibly the future/near future), and only one or two may be only slightly more safe. It all reminds me of the Wii or the PSP. Until you get to the point where you "own" the kernel, nothing is for certain for long.
From the data we have so far, private headers certainly are more safe, and not just slightly. I've been playing my Smash ROM online with a private header every day since this fiasco began, and I've had no sign of anything bad happening. If private headers do suddenly become unsafe, I'll likely be one of the first people banned, and I'll let everyone here know immediately.

breadbucket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have been doing my best to follow the 92 pages of information, but for those that have been with the thread since its inception, could you tell me whether public headers are safe for online play with a sky3ds cart on a 9.2.0-20U 3dsxl (not the new 3dsxl)? In other words, are the bans being dolled out to only those on 9.4 and 9.5 based firmwares? Thank you for your time!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have been doing my best to follow the 92 pages of information, but for those that have been with the thread since its inception, could you tell me whether public headers are safe for online play with a sky3ds cart on a 9.2.0-20U 3dsxl (not the new 3dsxl)? In other words, are the bans being dolled out to only those on 9.4 and 9.5 based firmwares? Thank you for your time!
No, public headers are not safe for online play on any flash cart or any firmware version.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the data we have so far, private headers certainly are more safe, and not just slightly. I've been playing my Smash ROM online with a private header every day since this fiasco began, and I've had no sign of anything bad happening. If private headers do suddenly become unsafe, I'll likely be one of the first people banned, and I'll let everyone here know immediately.
I didn't mean to imply that private headers weren't more safe. They certainly are, but there have been several pointing out flaws in this thread about a private header not native to the ROM it was "born" with. I was trying to semi future-proof my post, sorry if I mangled my phrasing a bit :P

The point I was trying to make was about the kernel at any rate. Maybe more effort should be focused there?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
They certainly are, but there have been several pointing out flaws in this thread about a private header not native to the ROM it was "born" with
But if it really is like a PC's serial key it may not be possible for Nintendo to know which header went with which game. They wouldn't be able to tell that a Bravely Default header is in Mario Kart 7.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if it really is like a PC's serial key it may not be possible for Nintendo to know which header went with which game. They wouldn't be able to tell that a Bravely Default header is in Mario Kart 7.

You got this backwards

Fixed

But if it really is like a PC's serial key it WOULD BE possible for Nintendo to know which header went with which game. They WOULD be able to tell that a Bravely Default header is in Mario Kart 7

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I hope that all of the people that buy games to dump a "private" header and return them get banned too, obviously the header won't be private anymore if you return the game. Derp.
Yeah, pretty garbage thing to do. Especially if they rip an online game.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
But if it really is like a PC's serial key it WOULD BE possible for Nintendo to know which header went with which game. They WOULD be able to tell that a Bravely Default header is in Mario Kart 7
Really? From what someone said earlier if each header is put in completely randomly when each cart is made, there's nothing to distinguish the code of one game and another. The codes aren't tied to a specific game and there is nothing saying that one code was made for some game and is being played on another.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any truth behind there being an issue with using a "wrong sized" header? I've a retail 2gb cart I grabbed the header from and injected into 4gb 3dzs with the gateway rom patcher and it seems to correct the problem itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo