Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can we explain those who used private headers?
Who? Who do you see who used a private header? We have 2 cases. 1. Fixed it and no longer getting the error, it was actually related to his access point. 2. He was using the wrong gateway and solved the issue.

Where else did you see someone claiming to be banned with a private header?

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
i think so too sir. emunand is not the problem. i think the game and the handheld signature is the problem. or Nintendo "might" have logs when we connect online. there might be data that shows when we connect to their server, what firmware we are using at that point
Don't think their 'scans' go THAT far 'tho. Game data? Sure. Account info? Sure. More than that? Naw, not likely.

angelc54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i were to use my private headers this would be lifted? Although im kinda on the fence with that because the friend codes dont work

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the gateway redcard, downloaded 2 games that were "online patched" (smash and pokemon) and system verison is 9.2 emunand 9.5 though i dont think its emunand since sky3ds useres are getting this error too

There is no "sugarcoating" it, either its a public header or a private header, none of this b.s. "online patched".

So, to prevent online ban, it's recommended to use private header/.cia file?

Its a safety precaution.

So, to prevent online ban, it's recommended to use private header/.cia file?

Its a precaution.
As far as I'm aware, a serial number is not something that's detected by the console in any way, pretty sure the serial numbers are actually put on after the consoles are made.

Think like a pc, the bios holds your motherboard information, including serial #. So if its possible for pc bios to have your serial #, model # of the motherboard, what makes you think there isn't a way for the motherboard in the 3ds to keep that information as well?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "sugarcoating" it, either its a public header or a private header, none of this b.s. "online patched".
I don't think he knew the difference. There seems to be a lot of people who just kind of play games on their gateway and don't look into every little detail. Then you have people like me whom are incredibly paranoid about these kinds of things.

So far I am not banned still using a private header from a 2gb game on roms of all sizes. The only one I play online right now is Fantasy Life. When MH4U hits we will really know since everyone will be playing online.

angelc54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never heard or was told about the difference between public and private headers lol so that sucks its whatever i guess

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's that.

It is a MAC based ban.

Oh dear. how does one get past this now :/

The MAC is most likely just tied to the wifi board. This is why I asked talented people(who have been banned) with the right hardware and skills to swap out the wifi daughterboard to test a theory.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never heard or was told about the difference between public and private headers lol so that sucks its whatever i guess

Tbh, there wasn't really a need to really care until now, up until the bans started happening it was all personal preference whether you wanted to use a public or private header. Sky3DS users seem to be screwed more so, all they have is the public headers supplied by the Sky3DS team.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So from what we know, if you have a Gateway you should be using .cia files. There's really no reason not to. I know some saves won't transfer over which sucks. But I'm pretty sure that Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and other card2 games can be transferred. It's really not worth the risk to use .3dz files. Especially if they're banning public and private headers.

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MAC is most likely just tied to the wifi board. This is why I asked talented people(who have been banned) with the right hardware and skills to swap out the wifi daughterboard to test a theory.

I had the same thought day 1 so my replacement wifi board should be getting here next week. I'm honestly not too hopeful about it, but the thing is, that's the one thing I'm able to change because changing out any other piece on the 3ds is pretty much impossible.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if i was banned i have a spare wifi board....but truth is i think we would need some donor files too....or gateway to just enable serial spoofing

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think its a mac ban, I'm sure they know that the wifi board can go down or be replaced. They need something more solid and thats going to be your NNID and the serial # of your system.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thought day 1 so my replacement wifi board should be getting here next week. I'm honestly not too hopeful about it, but the thing is, that's the one thing I'm able to change because changing out any other piece on the 3ds is pretty much impossible.

if i was banned i have a spare wifi board....but truth is i think we would need some donor files too....or gateway to just enable serial spoofing

Yes it may also require formatting the system to try and wipe or update the new and old MAC but easiest things first. Then, harder things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo