Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
if what your saying is right in regards to everyone using the public headers, am I able to put one of my headers from a completely separate 3ds game (lets say Mario kart) and put that header on my Pokemon OR Rom that I use on my Sky3ds??

Thanks =]

specialized info regarding your concerns should be someone here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/

(I may not be of much help, since I am actually playing my own backups.
and whatever roms that aren't my backups, are all CIAs)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
that would be a safe option,
except how do we determine that "the situation cleared up".
By "cleared up" I mean either they start mass banning flashcart users, they unban the people already banned, they start also banning legit users, shamzie gets a response, or anything so we can get a clear picture of what exactly is actually going on.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
By "cleared up" I mean either they start mass banning flashcart users, they unban the people already banned, they start also banning legit users, shamzie gets a response, or anything so we can get a clear picture of what exactly is actually going on.

Hmm, those are good definitions.
So as long as "something else happens on a big enough scale" or "something akin to an official statement" and it'll be considered cleared.

Sounds good to me.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
if what your saying is right in regards to everyone using the public headers, am I able to put one of my headers from a completely separate 3ds game (lets say Mario kart) and put that header on my Pokemon OR Rom that I use on my Sky3ds??

Thanks =]

Just to be sure m8 and safe with all this going on now, I know its a bummer but go out and buy a cheap 4GB 3DS game, MK7 no good m8 that is only 1GB header in size it wont work with 1GB+ roms so any 4GB will have to do for all roms and export the header out of it and change all your roms with it on your Micro-sd card and for Card 2 roms just change it with hexeditor to the correct values for those to work properly for example Pokemon Y, like Queno says, go to that page and there should be some comments on there that will have the correct values for your region for each Card, in our case the UK just change them for the header to work with the correct card 2 roms, there aren't many out there anyway :)

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to be sure m8 and safe with all this going on now, I know its a bummer but go out and buy a cheap 4GB 3DS game, MK7 no good m8 that is only 1GB header in size it wont work with 1GB+ roms so any 4GB will have to do for all roms and export the header out of it and change all your roms with it on your Micro-sd card and for Card 2 roms just change it with hexeditor to the correct values for those to work properly for example Pokemon Y, like Queno says, go to that page and there should be some comments on there that will have the correct values for your region for each Card, in our case the UK just change them for the header to work with the correct card 2 roms, there aren't many out there anyway :)

thanks for the Advice Reecey,

can I still get the Header ID from using a Sky3ds card?

can you recommend any good cheep 4gb 3ds game?

thanks for you reply =]

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so what exactly is happening? this is so confusing.

I had the error, but I deleted internet settings and restarted and it worked fine.
didnt seem to work for others.

Mind you, I use my own headers. Separate headers for separate games as Pokemon-gl requires different headers for different games.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the Advice Reecey,

can I still get the Header ID from using a Sky3ds card?

can you recommend any good cheep 4gb 3ds game?

thanks for you reply =]

Tbh m8 I'm not really techy up to date myself with sky3ds cards but if it works the same method as GW with .3dz conversion then yes all good :)

Yes I can:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004JHY40W/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_olp?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1423133906&sr=1-1&keywords=resident evil revelations 3ds

Hope this helps you but I do suggest get the 4GB game as this has come to light, it might just save your bacon :)

I suggest don't go online at the moment m8, get your game, then convert all your roms, then go ahead an use online again :)

RobesNo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks to me like the OP has internet issues.
The error relates to being unable to connect to the access point. If Nintendo were going to start banning people they wouldn't give it the same error code, they'd want people to know they'd been banned so they could tell other people. I suspect something like his DNS being at fault.

As for speaking to a Nintendo rep, who tells you you're banned.... think about it you're that guy/lady, you've got some guy/lady on the phone and you haven't got a clue what he/she's going on about and you can't get rid of him/her. He says "Am I banned?" do you answer "I don't know" and have the guy stuck with you? Or do you just say "Yes, that's it, you're banned"? I know which one I'd choose. :)

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As for speaking to a Nintendo rep, who tells you you're banned.... think about it you're that guy/lady, you've got some guy/lady on the phone and you haven't got a clue what he/she's going on about and you can't get rid of him/her. He says "Am I banned?" do you answer "I don't know" and have the guy stuck with you? Or do you just say "Yes, that's it, you're banned"? I know which one I'd choose. :)

Srsly? I hope that you will never get a job in a call center.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if this is indeed due to the headers would using one retail unique header on all roms solve the issue, or can Nintendo detect that a header is being used on a different game from the original or if a console is using the same header on multiple games?

I have several US cart dumps so I am wondering if if I need to use a unique header on all of them (from the same game), one header for all or maybe just go with cias instead. Does using one header like below suggests really a safe way to play online in light of all this?

Tbh m8 I'm not really techy up to date myself with sky3ds cards but if it works the same method as GW with .3dz conversion then yes all good :)

Yes I can:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004JHY40W/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_olp?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1423133906&sr=1-1&keywords=resident evil revelations 3ds

Hope this helps you but I do suggest get the 4GB game as this has come to light, it might just save your bacon :)

I suggest don't go online at the moment m8, get your game, then convert all your roms, then go ahead an use online again :)

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thanks =]

Uhm..., correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think cart sizes still matter. I'm using 3DS Rom Editor 1.0 and I just patched my Harvest Moon header on all of my ROMs. Every single game worked flawlessly online - without any hex editing.

Oh, and for Sky 3DS you need to edit the online header template file. Look here.

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if this is indeed due to the headers would using one retail unique header on all roms solve the issue, or can Nintendo detect that a header is being used on a different game from the original or if a console is using the same header on multiple games?

I have several US cart dumps so I am wondering if if I need to use a unique header on all of them (from the same game), one header for all or maybe just go with cias instead. Does using one header like below suggests really a safe way to play online in light of all this?

Hi Kracken,

I think Reecey's point is that hundreds or thousands of people are possibly using the same header at the same time as each other because they are using the same header ID for all different games.

but what Reecey is saying is that if you use the Header ID from a game you already own (in this example Resident evil) then that Header ID will only be online when you use it for your Roms and there will only be one instance of it as you wont be playing multiple roms at the same time and (hopefully) no one will be using the resi game... but lets be honest.. even if you did run a couple roms on multiple 3ds's then that will be a lot harder to pick up than the hundreds and thousands of people using the public headers.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi Kracken,

I think Reecey's point is that hundreds or thousands of people are possibly using the same header at the same time as each other because they are using the same header ID for all different games.

but what Reecey is saying is that if you use the Header ID from a game you already own (in this example Resident evil) then that Header ID will only be online when you use it for your Roms and there will only be one instance of it as you wont be playing multiple roms at the same time and (hopefully) no one will be using the resi game... but lets be honest.. even if you did run a couple roms on multiple 3ds's then that will be a lot harder to pick up than the hundreds and thousands of people using the public headers.

Basically imagine a bar chart.

All bars are low, except for one. this bar has thousands of entries.

That bar, is the public header.

If all header activity are logged, this "header" would stand out, for being, well having multiple online at the same time.

I just used .cia Pokemon OR to go onto GTS, and no bans occurred. (on emunand 9.4)

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically imagine a bar chart.

All bars are low, except for one. this bar has thousands of entries.

That bar, is the public header.

If all header activity are logged, this "header" would stand out, for being, well having multiple online at the same time.

I just used .cia Pokemon OR to go onto GTS, and no bans occurred. (on emunand 9.4)

Thanks Queno,

That's a much better way of explaining it =]

I'm still waiting to get my sky3ds in the post! (ordered it on Monday and they said it can take up to 2-4 working days) so I cant do or test anything yet.

T

DevilHands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, didn't noticed. That's what I typed and google end up giving me that result. >_>

Ok, I just found a chinese website that has the same error as the TC. Looks like the topic was posted yesterday. I can read a bit of chinese... so maybe I'll post what I find.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Shouldn't we create a thread where everyone getting the error can report his specs (SysNAND version, EmuNAND version, flashcard, game type (ROM/CIA/retail), header type (private/public), ...)? Could help to identify the problem.

Of course it's still possible that this is just a ban for offensive behavior. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...