Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

TheMustardKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for doing this. Please keep track of which header you are using for each game. I would like to know if Nintendo is banning only certain combinations of headers + games.

Happy to help in any way that's possible, I know how many people are squirming and sweating bullets right now.

So it does not look like its an insta-ban trigger. Grabbed mystery gifts in ORAS and did a few wondertrades and its still functioning as designed. I am using the public header from the 0212a template.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really interested in online games, but I joined a Smash match to spectate on once about a month ago, just for kicks, using a public header .3dz on my GW.

Today I downloaded Steel Diver and was able to connect to online games. Does this mean my console is not banned? I'm just wondering because I plan to sell it on eBay after the upgrade to N3DS is done, and am now nervous I could be selling a potentially banned console

decade5e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ummm...seems you arent banned...read "the summary thx to themustardking" on the first page...
regarding CIA im not the best ppl to answer...but from what i learn you cant transfer save game to retail card....many reasons like diffrent header/encryption ETC..i could be wrong tho mybe someone here can help you with those....

wait so didnt get banned O.o i thought if i cant see my friend online is banned hahaha sorry false alarm then thanks

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really interested in online games, but I joined a Smash match to spectate on once about a month ago, just for kicks, using a public header .3dz on my GW.

Today I downloaded Steel Diver and was able to connect to online games. Does this mean my console is not banned? I'm just wondering because I plan to sell it on eBay after the upgrade to N3DS is done, and am now nervous I could be selling a potentially banned console

Check your friend list, if it give you an error when checking your friend codes then you are banned.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm about to potentially take one for the team. My test 3DS arrived today and I will be playing games using the latest Sky3DS template file, NOT inserting private headers, in order to see if/when a ban happens, and if so how long it takes to happen. I will also be relegating myself to one single game per week with online interaction. I am fine with this simply because this would be a spare 3DS anyway, only taken out for on-the-road use or ad-hoc multiplayer.

I will also be potentially testing any theories related to a Nintendo Network ID being part of the ban, though if it gets to that point I'd need a volunteer who uses Gateway and can spare the time to flash a fresh emuNAND and take the information I provide to put it. Probably not the riskiest thing out of all mentioned but still, whomever would be okay with it should understand that it does involve a slight risk by association.

I will NOT be using any save data modifiers or anything else, because even if I could, it could potentially contaminate the experiment.

Wish me luck, folks. Hopefully this gets to the bottom of it a little bit more than where we are currently at. I'll keep you all updated.
You might consider using only public headers that aren't included in the template file and choosing a game that ISN'T Pokémon for testing.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
A Completely Noob Question, but is it possible to play online without updating emunand? My sysnand and emunand are both on version 9.2 and till now I hadn't played any online game that is I have NEVER played a game online, that means I won't be banned right? And, what do you think is the best thing to do now?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So, what if we get the latest game updates by .cia and play them on 9.2 sysnand? Have someone been banned on version 9.2?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't read all 108 pages, but I'll ask here anyway.

does it looks like a banning wave (multiple users banned the same day) and no other ban since then?
or does it affect users randomly? I think it's more a random ban.

From what I gathered, it's not banning at connection time, because users can play the game just fine. when exiting the game they can't access friend list anymore. so it's something done while playing but doesn't kick the user from online.

As a result, users could be banned since monday, but notice it only Wednesday.
The report list doesn't include the ban date; but it has links to reported ban so I made a timeline of the reports:

Timeline report : (not ban timeline)
February 4th : *
February 5th : *
February 6th : ***
February 8th : *
February 9th : ****
February 10th : *
February 11th : *

No more users playing online since 11th ? or they are playing without being banned?
Edit:
February 15th : *

Some users don't state if they have been playing a lot with the same game/header before the ban or if they were banned on their first connection attempt.
Some users don't state if they have been baned on last connection since the ban wave started, or because they connected long time ago before the ban wave and was still banned now without doing any connection. (users should try to connect to Friend list before connecting to online gaming to check that)
users didn't tell if they cheated (edited pokemons?)

Is sky3DS using the same ID for all their games? or they have a random 10-list headers?

It seems to affect:
Sky3DS : any games?
GW/MT : Pokémon only?

and a general question: Is there a list of public headers and their original game?
I'm curious to see if there's any pattern in these supposedly "unique" ID. does it contains information on game type (online/offline/card1/card2/TitleID/etc.)
Are the ID really Unique? without a lot of public headers we can't be sure they really are unique. Maybe nintendo is officially generating duplicated ID for the same or different games, but we didn't encounter a match yet.

Reactions: 4ur0r

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I didn't read all 108 pages, but I'll ask here anyway.

does it looks like a banning wave (multiple users banned the same day) and no other ban since then?
or does it affect users randomly? I think it's more a random ban.

From what I gathered, it's not banning at connection time, because users can play the game just fine. when exiting the game they can't access friend list anymore. so it's something done while playing but doesn't kick the user from online.

As a result, users could be banned since monday, but notice it only Wednesday.
The report list doesn't include the ban date; but it has links to reported ban so I made a timeline of the reports:

Timeline report : (not ban timeline)
February 4th : *
February 5th : *
February 6th : ***
February 8th : *
February 9th : ****
February 10th : *
February 11th : *

Some users don't state if they have been playing a lot with the same game/header before the ban or if they were banned on their first connection attempt.
Some users don't state if they have been baned on last connection since the ban wave started, or because they connected long time ago before the ban wave and was still banned now without doing any connection. (users should try to connect to Friend list before connecting to online gaming to check that)
users didn't tell if they cheated (edited pokemons?)

It seems to affect:
Sky3DS : any games?
GW/MT : Pokémon only?

and a general question: Is there a list of public headers and their original game?
I'm curious to see if there's any pattern in these "unique" ID. does it contains information on game type (online/offline/card1/card2/TitleID/etc.)
Are the ID really Unique? without a lot of public headers we can't be sure they really are unique. Maybe nintendo is officially generating duplicated ID for the same or different games, but we didn't encounter a match yet.

About the header, here is the list of banned users:- http://gbatemp.net/threads/error-code-002-0102-have-i-been-banned.380654/page-28#post-5325996

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's the list I used to gather the reports and make the timeline.
but like I said, a lot of reports are incomplete, it doesn't report useful things in my opinion.

Did the banned users cheated online? that an information which should be in their report.
Did they tested to connect to friend list after playing, or before playing? (they could all have been banned the same day, but report it on different days on this forum)

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
yes, that's the list I used to gather the reports and make the timeline.
but like I said, a lot of reports are incomplete, it doesn't report useful things in my opinion.

Did the banned users cheated online? that an information which should be in their report.
Did they tested to connect to friend list after playing, or before playing? (they should all have been banned the same day, but report it on different days on this forum)

What, if we ask the users who have been banned? Maybe, they can tell what really happened to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended