Error 160-0101'd my console because I'm stupid

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dann_, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Dann_
    OP

Dann_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Afghanistan
    Tried installing BOTW Update's and DLC so I could have some fun 2 nights ago, didn't get it to work and after some dicking around and being sleep deprived as fuck I figured that a factory reset would help.. I ofcourse still had CBHC installed and bricked my console.. rip.

Gonna wait until I find a cheap Wii U and probably get it replaced. Still have my Nintendo Switch so it isn't that bad.

2. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    Do you have soldering skillls and a nand backup?

3. Dann_
    OP

Dann_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Afghanistan
    As far as I know you don't need a NAND backup to recover the system.xml file right? Just OTP keys?

But anyway. already looked up hardmodding. seems doable. Will need to get a smaller soldering iron to try it with tho.
    Anyway, might as well try to get a new console since the one I own has quite a bit of scratches etc on the console.

4. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    Atleast you can try to fix it.

5. Dann_
    OP

Dann_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Afghanistan
    I'll try in a couple of days. My soldering skills aren't very good though. Guess it's worth a shot

6. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    One thing that I have learned with my many years of soldering experience is it is 75% the quality of tools and materials and 25% skill. But you can never gain the skills if you don't have the right tools and good flux. So many people thing soldering is difficult and that is likely because they are using a shit soldering iron and no flux.

SickPuppy likes this.
  7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    So do you have otp.bin?

8. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Just saying, you don't need a full console, you can keep you gamepad (just in case you didn't know)