1. seniorcelica
    OP

seniorcelica Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    picked up an xobox 1 for $20 because of this error. i factory reset and still getting the error. any ideas? thanks in advance :)

2. Deleted_413010
    This message by Deleted_413010 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jul 16, 2019.
    Apr 21, 2019
  3. seniorcelica
    This message by seniorcelica has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jul 16, 2019.
    Apr 21, 2019
  4. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    You got an Xbox One X for $20?! Even with this error, that's a bargain. I think I paid maybe £80 for an original Xbox One with this error at some point, although it was a Forza limited edition.

If a factory reset hasn't helped, it might be a hard drive failure - so you could try opening it up and replacing the hard drive.

5. What's an error 105 exactly?

6. seniorcelica
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    Lol yup couldn't say no. Did a factory reset and USB update. It works for a bit cant save games and have to play games off external which points me in the direction of new hdd.

7. reddragon105

Aug 10, 2008
    Yep, definitely points towards a corrupt or failing hard drive. Might be able to save it with a thorough format but probably better to just replace it.

There's a great tutorial on how set up a hard drive for an Xbox One here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-on...-size-drive-that-works-on-any-console.496212/

8. seniorcelica
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    put it into my pc and upon pc boot it scanned it and fixed it. works now :P only odd thing is it says it was last updated in the year 1600... and no updates are avaliable..

9. reddragon105

Aug 10, 2008
    Glad to hear you got it working, but where does it say last updated in 1600? On the Xbox?

10. seniorcelica
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    When you go into settings and system update it has info on last updated or 8f one is available and the os

11. djinc91

djinc91 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Seems normal, when I perform an offline update it shows the last successful one was the year 1600 too.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted