Error #002 Mad World D2C mod chip problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by markk1, Mar 19, 2009.

1. markk1
    OP

markk1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2009
    Ok i downloaded an NTSC game called Mad World and i have the D2C Wii mod chip. I have a PAL console and i tried to run this game from the main menu but the screen went black and nothing happened so I tried running it with Gecko OS and it came up with Error #002.
    How can i fix this error?
    Can somebody please give me a tutorial on how to fix it?
    I am new to wii hacking so please explain in depth.

2. SenorClean

SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    The easiest way is to use Gecko OS which has been patched for #002.

You can get it here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?xxq0mwztjwm

Or you can use softchip - which has a #002 fix option in later builds.
    Or use a softloader - gamma or softchip and use cIOS v8

Did you run the (out of region) update? - you may need to update to 3.4, or manually install IOS38, 50, 55. Try gecko OS with the 002 patch first though.

There's a thread about #002 with lots of solutions already -> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123341

You *could* start playing around with softmii if you really want to get it to load from the disc channel - but I don't recommend it. Just launch it from a homebrew loader, or grab a PAL copy.

3. markk1
    OP

markk1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2009
    Thank you so much SenorClean!
    i have been looking everywhere trying to fix this, I used the easy way to fix it with the download link you provided. I dont know how to update to 3.4 but it doesn't matter.
    Thank you!

4. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Just install the ios' required like I did. Works fine from the disc channel. I forgot the name of the ios but it's the one required for mlb2k9 also.

5. SenorClean

SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Not if you are running it out-of region like he is - NTSC release on a PAL wii. You get a black screen and lockup (no wiimote sync).

IOS 38, 50, 53, 55 are probably the ones that would be missing though.