Error #001 after upgdating to 4.1 via Waninkoko's updaters

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ssseth, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Ssseth
    OP

Member Ssseth GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm not sure if I posted it in the correct place, so I thought I'd start a new thread on this. That and it should make it easier down the road for someone searching if they are having the same problem. If that is not allowed, mods please delete this thread. The original post can be found in the Noob Starter Guide.

2. Ssseth
    OP

Canada
    Update: just incase anyone runs into this thread down the road.

Well I feel like an idiot. I figured out the problem. So I decided to go back to 3.2U with BootMii using a NAND backup, to retrace my steps. When I got back, I was still getting the same error. I forgot that the Wiinja Deluxe can be reset back to factory defaults (or even disabled) with the right command. Well it just happens to be the command to reset back to factory defaults is holding down power+reset for a few seconds. I did this when starting up preloader without thinking about it and that must have done it.

So I downloaded the 001 error firmware update for my modchip and installed it. Games started loading fine again from the disc channel. Then I flashed back up to 4.1U with BooMii (I made a NAND backup before going back to 3.2U earlier) and games are working fine. All is well in 4.1 Wiinja Deluxe land. [​IMG]

Ya so it had nothing to do with updating. It just happened to be I reset my modchip to factory defaults by mistake when updating things. Hehe ooops! Funny thing is, it was one of the reasons I picked this chip over Wiikey in the first place, more options. Ohhh, well it all ended up fine and I learned a lot more about my Wii in the process.

Cheers.

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    cool story b—*is shot*

4. Ssseth
    OP

Canada
    Ya thanks. [​IMG]