erm...is half my wii...broken

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by brokencheese, Mar 15, 2009.

Mar 15, 2009
  1. brokencheese
    OP

Newcomer brokencheese Member

Canada
    hi, i have a wii w/ a wiikey drive chip the (wiikey) firmware is 1.4

here is my problem, when a put a gamecube game in my wii and push start,it Looks like its working, the screen goes black and maks it look like is loading like wit all games bu then my screen goes all fuzzy like theres no imput on it...but everythings pluged in... its only the gamecube gaes...my wii games work perfictly... i have tryed gamecube games (bolth real and coppeis) multiple times, none work...my (wii) firmware is 3.2u, any help would he ...helpful, thanks in advance

i have starrfall installed in my wii, could that be the problem?

this is making me really mad, i just downloaded baten kaitos origins and i realllly want to play it, if you have ANY questions, just askthem in the form, im subscribed to its replys, or if you reallly need it you can reach me at www.youtube.com/brokencheeseor you can reach my "ghost" e-mail (no way in hell im puttin my realone up here) it is tryin2love@hotmail.com

thanks again

2. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    starfall can not be a problem, are the gamecube games the same region as your wii?

3. brokencheese
    OP

Canada
    yea tey are all ntsc, just like my wii...

but its not just te downloaded/burned games, its te real ones too tey were working perfictly, untill i got te omebrew cannel, so i just thaugt tat maybe starfall was responciable, but i guess not.....but even if tere not te same regen as my wii, aouldent starfall (since i installed regin free gamecube games) work?

eiter way, i just want to ge it working again, after i got my modcip my game cube games got arder and arder to play on my wii, now tis appens, wtf?

tere is only 1 ting ican ink of, bu its a real longsot i burned it on a mini dvd-(te game cubed sized ones, could tat be it, te only reason i say tat is because, i burned legend of zelda wind waker (one of my favorate in te series) on a dvd and it worked, tats all i can tink of, but tat dosent make sence, does it...

ps. srry bout te bad spelling and saying te insted of "the" my "h" ey on ly keybord is currently neding a igh amout of pressure to work....(dont ask, lets focos on te problem at hand plz XD) [​IMG]

4. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i can barely read your post, but i say remove the GC region free patch in Starfall and your GC games should start working again

5. brokencheese
    OP

Canada
    im really sorry an\out that my "h" key barly works

ok il get rid of that part of starfall, il get back to you tmrw, its prtty late now, and i am tiered

ill get back to u tmrw if this works or not...

thanks, and good nite [​IMG]

6. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Maybe you shouldn't give advice if you don't know what you are talking about... Starfall CAN and probably IS the problem if the region free gamecube option is enabled in it.

7. brokencheese
    OP

Canada
    you guys were rigt starfall was the problem [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

thanks, now for the next question (if you willing to awnser)
    i just downloaded baten kaitos origins; but when i play the game, it says "the game disk cannot be read refer to the gamecube manuel for more information...

any ideas?, do you tink i need to use a loader? maybe i need to patch spmething?...i dono, thats why im asking here...yay

thanks in advance

8. brokencheese
    OP

Canada
    no ideas?...

9. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try reinstalling the MIOS.

10. brokencheese
    OP

Canada
    NO IDEA WHAT MIOS IS, BUT THATS OK, IT WORKS NOW!

all i did war re burn the dvd, on a reguler sized dvd- at 2X burn speed, opposed to a mimi gamecube sized dvd- at 4X speed