Gaming EPIC download speed LOL

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
2,944
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Toronto, Canader!
Website
Visit site
XP
353
Country
Canada
yeah so i just dled this youtube video, and it took like one second, and i thought it was fucked up or something. so i checked it out...

2epk51h.jpg


this is like 10 times faster than my usual dl rate xD iunno wth happened
 

Anakir

Project: Melee
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
2,257
Trophies
1
XP
353
Country
United States
I want to change ISP. Any recommendations? I want a good one, but doesn't have to be great. Rogers is getting too expensive.
 

anandjones

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
138
Trophies
0
Location
New Zealand
XP
55
Country
New Zealand
da_head said:
Noitora said:
da_head said:
xJonny said:
It was cached?
what's that mean?
You downloaded the video after or before watching it?
after. ah that makes sense i guess. lol must be a new feature of the download helper. didn't do that before
No, it always saves it into your cache after you've downloaded or loaded the video. Why if you download and save it, it completes near instantly.
 

Noitora

::
Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
3,760
Trophies
1
Age
32
Location
Athens
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
289
Country
Greece
da_head said:
Noitora said:
da_head said:
xJonny said:
It was cached?
what's that mean?
You downloaded the video after or before watching it?
after. ah that makes sense i guess. lol must be a new feature of the download helper. didn't do that before
Nope, I call it cache.

Edit: oh wait I was late.
 

Rod

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
339
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
30
Country
Brazil
Yeah, it was cached. Meaning the file was already downloaded before you saved it, because you had already seen the video on YouTube itself. All it had to do was save the same file in a different folder.


PS: A lot of japanese people could say your download rate is too slow
PS2: My max dl speed here is 100kb/s LOL
 

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
2,944
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Toronto, Canader!
Website
Visit site
XP
353
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
I want to change ISP. Any recommendations? I want a good one, but doesn't have to be great. Rogers is getting too expensive.
well i have a pretty sweet deal with primus. about 60ish per month for local phone, free long distance to anywhere in NA, and high speed internet. about 20-40 bucks cheaper than what i would be paying with bell or rogers.
 

Anakir

Project: Melee
Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
2,257
Trophies
1
XP
353
Country
United States
da_head said:
Anakir said:
I want to change ISP. Any recommendations? I want a good one, but doesn't have to be great. Rogers is getting too expensive.
well i have a pretty sweet deal with primus. about 60ish per month for local phone, free long distance to anywhere in NA, and high speed internet. about 20-40 bucks cheaper than what i would be paying with bell or rogers.

Did you bargain or something? Or can I bring it right up so I can have the same deal? Mine's already $45 a month just the internet alone.

Edit: What's your bandwidth as well? I get 60gb per month.
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all