Hacking Engrish

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am a-ok with it.

It's not like a multi million $$$ company is behind these cards. Translators require a lot of project coordination, and i dare to say that 90% of clone cards don't have any coordination in their project if there even is one.

Also, if i, myself had to market a card to chinese speaking people, i would sound funny to them, you bet i would. I am not the one to speak fluent chinese, so as long as i can decipher something understandable, i am good. English and Chinese are two completley different languages in terms of grammar and structure. In the end, i can always understand the attempted comunication.

Heck, i speak three languages, and hearing someone foreign speak in my mother tongue always akes me smile lol. And you really have no right to criticise someone for attempting to comunicate to you in a language you can both understand.

Have you ever tried speaking to a japanese guy in french because that is the only language you guys somewhat have in common? There are no sentences, more like words on a string with a lot of gestures, we always understan each other.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Contract a native speaker of each language you are translating into to translate your stuff. It's not that expensive but you have to have a guy that is willing to put forth an effort to find non-professional translators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: