Hacking English Software/Firmware?

8GuaWong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knew someone who went to Taiwan so had him pick up an acekard for me but it turns out come with simplified chinese software/firmware
mad.gif
Went to the official website and its all simplified chinese
mad.gif
mad.gif
Can any help? Where can I download the newest software/firmware/etc. for acekard?
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

8GuaWong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thx
smile.gif
Is this what you are using? Also are there any firmware for this card? I'm trying to play my backup of elite beat agent and castlevania portrait (the new one) and they both don't work :/

+edit+

formating the card and using the 1.01 english akmenu made elite beat agnet works now only castelvania portrait don't
wacko.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok thx
smile.gif
Is this what you are using? Also are there any firmware for this card? I'm trying to play my backup of elite beat agent and castlevania portrait (the new one) and they both don't work :/

+edit+

formating the card and using the 1.01 english akmenu made elite beat agnet works now only castelvania portrait don'tÂ
wacko.gif
Nope, I'm using the chinese version atm, I know what the buttons do, so I don't see why I don't really need English explanation anymore.
I think the akmenu itself is sort of the firmware.
Castlevania: Portrait of Runes works fine here (using Japanese 1GB Kingston MicroSD), does it just give two blank screens for you or something? Maybe you can try adjusting the read speed with Select+Right or something...
unsure.gif

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The english AKManager (1.03) and AKMenu (1.06) are both easy to get, just post a message on the forum. There is a topic already in the Release forum entitled English version.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
How bout the US version of potrait of ruin? it says save corrupt please turn off and reinsert gamecardÂ
blink.gif
Weird... try removing the .sav file in acekardmanager (The X on top of the AKFileList) and recheck if the save format is set to 512K...
unsure.gif
(You can see the current setting at the right top corner in AKMenu, you can change it with Y)

8GuaWong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had some games refuse to start unless I first started them without save support (press B), and then power off an d strart with save support (press A). Very odd and I don;t know if it was coincidence or what. Out of 787 roms so far i've only had 4 refuse to work properly and I think 2 of those were bad dumps anyhow. The other 2 were japanese games so I didn;t bother trying to get another dump
smile.gif

putamierda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I've had some games refuse to start unless I first started them without save support (press B), and then power off an d strart with save support (press A). Very odd and I don;t know if it was coincidence or what. Out of 787 roms so far i've only had 4 refuse to work properly and I think 2 of those were bad dumps anyhow. The other 2 were japanese games so I didn;t bother trying to get another dump
smile.gif

Have you actually tested 787 roms?
ohmy.gif
Did you experienced any slowdown? Could you tell me the memory card brand and model you use? it's a pain to choose the save type for every game or with the list it's automatic?
Thanks in advance!!

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I tested all 787, experienced no slowdown in intro movies or certain pinball games that I could detect. I used Kingston 1GB Micro SD.
Most saves are automagically set when you download the list thru the manager, the odd one isn't or is set incorrectly. I I find one missing or incorrect, I work out what it should be and then post on Acekard's site for them to update the list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol