English Onechanbara gets better graphics?!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
onechanbara1208.jpg

"According to a Siliconera interview with D3 Publisher's Oohashi Toshiro, the US release of Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers will be more than the simple addition of campy English dialogue and text. Specifically, "... the graphics are now in higher resolution in comparison to the Japanese version so we were able to implement and present something that is more visually appealing."

We knew (from another Siliconera interview!) that D3 wanted to put new material into the US version, but this is a global change to the existing content. We continue to be absolutely shocked that D3 is putting so much care into the US release of a notoriously lo-fi action game series. Maybe it'll improve upon the series' reputation! Well, as much as one can raise the reputation of a game series about bikini-clad girls getting covered in zombie blood."

Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not expecting anything better than a 7/10 game. It is a dumb looking game and actually something I wouldn't mind getting as sometimes I just want to hack zombies.

It is great that D3 are doing a lot for the English version.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HokageNaruto said:
Is this the first time they have improved a japanese game for an english release? pardon me for not knowing if it isnt.
Wikipedia @ Animal CrossingWhen Nintendo decided to port D?butsu no Mori to the Nintendo GameCube, the American version, Animal Crossing, had much more text than the Japanese version, D?butsu no Mori Plus, in part because of the immense translation that Nintendo undertook when translating D?butsu no Mori from Japanese to English. Not only did thousands of lines of text have to be translated, but the translators had to create new holidays and items. Nintendo Japan was so impressed with the results of the translation done by Nintendo of America's Treehouse division that they translated NOA's version back into Japanese and released it as D?butsu no Mori e-Plus. D?butsu no Mori e-Plus was released in Japan on June 27, 2003, and sold 91,658 copies during its first week of sale.

Also, most recent Final Fantasy games as well have improvements in the English release(and then usually released again in Japan with our improvements and then even more).

So yeah, not entirely unusual, but not something that happens with everything either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...