English Onechanbara gets better graphics?!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"According to a Siliconera interview with D3 Publisher's Oohashi Toshiro, the US release of Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers will be more than the simple addition of campy English dialogue and text. Specifically, "... the graphics are now in higher resolution in comparison to the Japanese version so we were able to implement and present something that is more visually appealing."

We knew (from another Siliconera interview!) that D3 wanted to put new material into the US version, but this is a global change to the existing content. We continue to be absolutely shocked that D3 is putting so much care into the US release of a notoriously lo-fi action game series. Maybe it'll improve upon the series' reputation! Well, as much as one can raise the reputation of a game series about bikini-clad girls getting covered in zombie blood."

Source

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Not sure if I want to play this game with my door open. I might get some weird looks if my family walking in while playing it.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'm not expecting anything better than a 7/10 game. It is a dumb looking game and actually something I wouldn't mind getting as sometimes I just want to hack zombies.

It is great that D3 are doing a lot for the English version.

4. HokageNaruto

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is this the first time they have improved a japanese game for an english release? pardon me for not knowing if it isnt.

5. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Also, most recent Final Fantasy games as well have improvements in the English release(and then usually released again in Japan with our improvements and then even more).

So yeah, not entirely unusual, but not something that happens with everything either.

6. HokageNaruto

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ooo thats cool [​IMG] I didnt know that