Hacking Enabling time based events in Pokemon Emerald?

Chockbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So then it is possible that "Enable Real Time" enables the RTC as well.

Hmmm interesting I'm going to try this out right now.

Edit: Yes it works.
yaynds.gif

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good detective work, I'll try it too.

I chose realtime/hareware+software and it didn't help, but I also didn't use a patched rom. I'll try that next.

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking that the rom is looking for the original cart's battery and can't find it so it's reporting dry, but the RTC on the G6 is probably powered by IT'S battery and that could be dead. I'll see if it can hold a save overnight and maybe that will test whether the battery is dead or not. Normally I soft reset to the G6 menu every time so it never needs to use the G6 battery.

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well my G6 held a save for over 6 hours so the battery doesn't appear to be dead. There goes that theory. And I'm using the same rom that works for other people. Same manager version, same write settings. This doesn't make any sense.

WhateverDude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The battery on Emerald is only for stuff like berries and evolving Eevee. You can check if RTC is working by starting a game, setting the time, turning off your G6 and then booting the game and check the clock on the wall in your room, I believe.

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the IPS patch that comes with the rom on several sites, didn't make a difference. I can play the rom without a patch on my EFA cart for GBA but I would rather not have to carry around 2 flash carts, one being gba sized and sticking out the bottom. A real mystery. I know that some people apparently have it working on G6 without a patch so I don't think that's the problem.

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried with both not writing any save file and with writing my old EFA/VBA save file. Same results. I just tried the other patch modes, "hareware" just came up with a white screen, "software" loads the game normally but still gives the battery message. Before this I had been using the default "hareware+software" mode.

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Figured it out! I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner, it seems semi obvious. I had been booting to the DS screen and then hitting Y to switch into GBA mode. Apparently this disables the RTC. I took out my passcard and booted straight into GBA mode and there is no warning. Thanks for everyone's help.
smile.gif

cloud19573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Erm...I have been playing Pokemon Emerald on my G6 lite for a while now by booting from the DS menu using Y button but I didn't get the message and my RTC works normally...anyway glad to know that you have solved the problem enjoy
smile.gif

Deaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think the save has anything to do with it. But I got this working with my old efa/vba save uploaded so I'm good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool