Enabling HDR in Win11 causes intermittent blackouts (Searching source) on Sony Inzone M9

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
SOLVED: Buy a cable compatible with your output. I got a cable that supported 4k@120Hz, and I was good to go.

Hi.
I just got my Inzone M9 and hooked it up to my computer. I'm enjoying my 4k screen, but I am curious to test out its HDR features.

If I activate HDR in Windows with either ALT+Windows+B, or the HDR setting in Windows settings, it causes intermittent blackouts as the screen decides that it has to search for inputs.
I might get a image for a few seconds, or maybe a minute, before it goes black again. If I hit ALT+Windows+B again and deactivate HDR, the image or source stays constant.

I can't quite figure this out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Pokepicker,
Reactions: EnterpriseFreak
Solution
Hi.
I just got my Inzone M9 and hooked it up to my computer. I'm enjoying my 4k screen, but I am curious to test out its HDR features.

If I activate HDR in Windows with either ALT+Windows+B, or the HDR setting in Windows settings, it causes intermittent blackouts as the screen decides that it has to search for inputs.
I might get a image for a few seconds, or maybe a minute, before it goes black again. If I hit ALT+Windows+B again and deactivate HDR, the image or source stays constant.

How good is the cable you are using? It's kind of like the issue where if you hook up an xbox series s to a 4k 120hz screen with the supplied cable and attempt to enable...

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.

How good is the cable you are using? It's kind of like the issue where if you hook up an xbox series s to a 4k 120hz screen with the supplied cable and attempt to enable 120hz, the screen will start flickering due to the cable not being able to handle the amount of data is being transmitting because of the limited amount of bandwidth that, that particular cable can handle. When the cable is replaced with a high bandwidth cable it works as it should.

Last edited by fringle,
Reactions: Pokepicker
Solution

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
could also be you configuration for instance if you use dsr via nvidia windows wont allow hdr for whatever reason

another thing could be the resolution for instance on uhd 3840x2160 i can get hdr to work on 4k 4096x2160 windows wont let me turn on the hdr function

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How good is the cable you are using? It's kind of like the issue where if you hook up an xbox series s to a 4k 120hz screen with the supplied cable and attempt to enable 120hz, the screen will start flickering due to the cable not being able to handle the amount of data is being transmitting because of the limited amount of bandwidth that, that particular cable can handle. When the cable is replaced with a high bandwidth cable it works as it should.

I had a cable I had previously been using on my PS4 PRO. I just assumed that the cable was up to snuff, but no.
After going to the store and getting a new "4k 120Hz"" compatible cable, it seems as though my issues are gone!

Thank you for the tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)