EmuWiki2

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Blazikun, Jun 2, 2010.

Jun 2, 2010

EmuWiki2 by Blazikun at 6:45 PM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Blazikun
    OP

Member Blazikun GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I know that many of you have heard that the world's largest Emulation site was closed down by the worst copyright law in the world, Canadian Copyright Law. However, someone has taken initiative and decided to rebuild it.

I would highly recommend that someone help the guy behind EmuWiki2. You should help him, and he can be emailed at webmaster@drakkofox.net.

He has kindly offered to point his new domains, EmuWiki2.com, EmuWiki2.org and EmuWiki2.net
    to anyone who has torrented the site already and have similar plans to recreate the site.

If you would like to help
    Please download this torrent for ten or fifteen minutes, setting your Download Limit to 2 Kbps in uTorrent, and setting your upload speed to unlimited, or tick "Initial Seeding" on the uTorrent "Advanced options" tab. This will help the guy setting up EmuWiki2 by allowing his download speed to be faster whilst he downloads.

[​IMG]

Whois:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    The admin said he would give the emuwiki domain to whoever for free if they were to rebuild the site didn't he?

3. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    I'v been downloading the Torrent for a few days now and i'm at 55% although I have no plan to host it myself, I can help upload and possibly maintain the files, Another World said he was looking to work out something to host it on GBAtemp but I don't know if anything since then has developed.

5. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    ask him to be a collaborator, then you can work with the wiki and help him