Emunand's SD Card on another 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Funky.Art, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    Hey everyone ! :D
    I've got a little trouble, so i hope that you can answer me ^^
    My New 3DS XL can't read Amiibos anymore, and i installed 10.3 on my sysnand to verify if it was only an Emunand problem. It is not, so i've used my guarantee to send it back to Amazon, and to get a new one :D The only problem is that i don't know if i can just remove my SD card with my Emunand ( with all my paid games, themes, Nintendo Account ) and when i will get my new one just downgrade it and put my SD Card in. Do i need to backup my emunand to do it ? Or simply swap my sd card will make my Emunand Accessible ?

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    The emunand (and sysnand) are encrypted, and it's unique for each 3ds! You have to perform a system transfer between the two 3ds to transfer your NNID, and your data...

Last edited by Omegadrien, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    No no, i wanted to say, if i have a seconde 3ds, could i swap the sd card ( installing menuhax to access Reinand ) to use the same emunand that i used before ? Without doing a backup and transfering my emunand to another sd card ^^"

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    That's not how it works, simple way of saying it is Emunands Are special to EACH 3ds so emunand (a) can't work with system (b)

5. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    Well, i'm screwed ! D: I can't backup my emunand with a pc tool, and just extract all my saves, and dlc ? ^^"

6. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    If you have the fat16 xorpads, you can do a manual system transfer. I tried it and it works, but it's a lot of trouble.

7. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    What is a fat16 xorpads?

8. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    If you think of your NAND dumps as password-protected .zip archives, xorpads are basically the passwords that let you unlock various parts (sectors) of your NAND. If you no longer have access to Decrypt9 and/or SaveDataFiler on that particular 3DS, you're unfortunately out of luck...

9. Funky.Art
    OP

Funky.Art Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    France
    I see, but i don't need it, i've just made a backup of all my backups, so it the most important ! :D Thanks to everyone ! :D