Hacking Emunand SD Card Switching

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question about installing SXOS Emunand on SD. I have a 6.2 Switch that's completely clean. If I want to install emunand on my switch should I do it on a separate SD card and switch between SD cards when im using OFW(Sysnand) and CFW(Emunand), or does it really matter?

Also, once I use a jig and rcm boot to backup my nand using hekate, does that dirty my sysnand afterwards? Or am I still good to take my sysnand back online and use my emunand for cfw offline? My assumption is the only thing that 'dirties' the nand is when you install cfw.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you checked this or not but make sure your console isn't patched by checking its serial number here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Also it doesn't really matter if you use 2 different SD cards or not. The Switch doesn't even scan its own USER partition. Some people will tell you to use 2 because they are super paranoid but there is no evidence Nintendo uses the SD card for bans.

Lastly, since Hekate is loaded before the NAND (more specifically, it is loaded in RCM), anything done there is virtually undetectable by Nintendo. What "dirties" the NAND is loading CFW/homebrew.

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I bought it before the patch, but I definitely should check to make sure. Thanks for all the answers, that really clarifies, I appreciate it! Time to finally use my unopened SXOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo