Hacking EmuNAND + Region Change on 11.0?

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I have A9LH set up etc. No EmuNAND currently. For shits 'n' giggles, I have a spare SD card not in use at all, I was wondering if I'd be able to set up an EmuNAND and change it's region, without losing A9LH, cause then I'd be fucked. lol. Can anyone possibly link a guide or even just write steps on how to do it from 11.0? I know you can't downgrade from that (I have several NAND backups anyway, 9.2 Clean (No A9LH, I think a 10.5 one, and a 10.7 one, both contain A9LH) so if need be I can just make a backup of my 11.0 right now then flash one of these to my sysNAND.. any help?

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Will I need to format sysNAND once I've set up EmuNAND to unlink them, or do I not need to go through the effort of making a nand backup, making emunand, formatting sysnand, setting up emunand and then flashing sysnand back?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Will I need to format sysNAND once I've set up EmuNAND to unlink them, or do I not need to go through the effort of making a nand backup, making emunand, formatting sysnand, setting up emunand and then flashing sysnand back?
Since you want to try emuNAND and change its region, instead of formatting sysNAND just format emuNAND once after it is created. If you have an NNID linked on your sysNAND then you should install and use TinyFormat on emuNAND to format emuNAND.

This way, your NANDs will be unlinked, your data on sysNAND untouched, and can mess with emuNAND. And it is simple and straightforward.

EDIT (probably outdated method for region changing):

Region changing is done by injecting SecureInfo_A file from different region console. Make sure you inject it to emuNAND using Decrypt9 (also before injecting, as a precaution, first extract SecureInfo_A of your console and keep copy of it somewhere safe).

Last edited by Just3DS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel