how do i create a different region emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by migles, May 20, 2016.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i have a EUR 3ds, a9lh fw 11 using luma
    i would like to install an emunand of other region so i can easily install tickets not available on EUR..

i found this guide, but my firmware is 9.2+ i don't know if i can follow this guide or there is an easier way of doing this
    and other tutorials are for 4.x firmware (back in the gaybait days)
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/

2. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
  3. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    this guide is for SYSNAND, can i do all the steps inside the emunand? and it woun't affect my sysnand?

4. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Most likely

5. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Pretty sure you can, Godmode9 let's you do those steps listed for it on emunand as well.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise, May 20, 2016
    migles likes this.
  6. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Why don't you have updated sysnand anyway?

7. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    i have it updated... in the first sentence i said my firmware is 11 (as in 11.0.0-33 )

8. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Oh my bad I worded it wrong I ment why do you still have an emunand

9. Kyojin

Kyojin #include "brain.h"

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    OP, second line:

EDIT: @migles, since you apparently won't be having access to the eShop on the region changed EmuNAND, why not just install the CIAs to SysNAND? Since you are running Luma.

Last edited by Kyojin, May 20, 2016
  10. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yeah but can't you do that in sysnand also?

11. Kyojin

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    Yep, you are right, I just realized that too after posting and was editing my answer. ^_^

12. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    i thought the games wouldn't appear when installing them from other regions.. i don't remember why i thought this..

well installing games is kinda a pain in the butt, fbi takes a really lot of time to install them, i can't close the console and sometimes it gives an error while installing or accidental key press or internet goes down i need to install the game from scratch again..
    the easiest way and pratical way that i had been using was install tickets through fbi, go into the eshop pages and select to download in sleep mode, so i can close the console and leave it alone some minutes.. and i can even pause it and play other game if i desire...
    download games through the pc is an option but using the eshop eliminates the trouble of removing the sd card and waiting to download, to copy into the sd card and to install the cia...

but now knowing that we can't access the eshop when using other region nand, this is kinda pointless

13. Kyojin

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    It is for sure better to download directly from the eShop, but think about the fact that you are leaving evidence against you when doing so, since you are using your console and your NNID to download games from Nintendo's servers (they probably have access logs, or at least I hope they do since if not it would be very amateur), and Nintendo knows that those games are not linked to your NNID, thus that you probably did not purchase.

It is a bit safer IMO to get them from the PC, even though you think it's less convenient.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  14. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    emunand/sysnand, it's the same process

15. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    i know people from germany and france that get a letter of their isp at home because torrent seeding
    in here it never happened (yet) they only did cease and desist shutting down most sharez websites hosted in my country..

i can easily get an eshop ban, but i am not worried about it..
    i always lived with "you can't play online unless you buy the game" and for a person who preefers single player the punishment is not that big
    nintendo will not send a letter to everyone who ever downloaded gamez.. it's the distributors that get into trouble.. unless i do somehing stupid like bragging that i get free games on their twitter, i am just an ant, by laws of chaos i can be that tiny ant that the human picked up, but since i am not worried about being hit by a meteor i will still go outside as usuall

Davidosky99 and cearp like this.
  16. Kyojin

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    Nintendo indeed won't send a letter to kindly ask you to stop, but they can (and most probably WILL at some point) ban consoles and/or NNIDs the same way they did (and still do) for people playing online with shared ROM headers (in this case the ban is temporary, maybe this time if they decide to ban, it will be permanent).

If you don't care about online like you say, then yeah you can just keep it the way it is now of course., they won't send someone to your house or sue you.

It's not a matter of being an ant or an elephant, if their server-side software is well designed (I hope so, since we are not talking about a 3 employees start-up here), then they can more or less easily pinpoint the consoles/NNIDs that are downloading games from the eShop illegitimately and mass ban them if they decide to. They are already aware that people are doing this, it's just a matter of how and when they will react to it.

Anyway, to get back to the original matter of this thread, you will probably need to use the language/region emulation feature of Luma for some particular games.

17. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    yeah just clone your emunand to sysnand especially since you have a9lh it's the EXACT same thing and you can always restore if you were stupid

18. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    like i said, i don't have an emunand, i want to create one..
    and why would i restore a emunand to sysnand? it's part of plaitect guide in the a9lh process but i already did it when i followed the tutorial the first time...
    right now i have NO EMUNAND, and sysnand is a9lh 11.0.0-33 with luma cfw

i knew about this, however it's still an early method.. i would want to download a zip with all the txt files for the sake of not creating a txt file every time.. (i am lazy, don't judge me)
    but in doing soo, i am guessing luma either would make the menu slower or have a lenghty boot time comparing all the txt files to not found titles (yet)

anyway, back to original question, it was pretty much answered, i will think if i still want to create the out of region emunand, since we can't use eshop it's not that usefull in my case..

19. Kyojin

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    I never tried running out of region games (yet) but, from what I understand, that option is only necessary for some games that need the console language to be set to something specific (say, Japanese) and the DLCs, for the rest, Luma3DS is supposedly region-free. So you might never have to use it, or end up having to use it for only one or two games which is not a big deal IMO.

migles likes this.
  20. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Oh my bad I didn't see that you DIDN'T have one but again you don't need one it will take up more time and space and a longer boot time and theres no point but its your choice

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yeah like what he said you can get region free games like a while back I had a cia of detective pikachu and it worked like a charm