Hacking how do i create a different region emunand?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i have a EUR 3ds, a9lh fw 11 using luma
i would like to install an emunand of other region so i can easily install tickets not available on EUR..

i found this guide, but my firmware is 9.2+ i don't know if i can follow this guide or there is an easier way of doing this
and other tutorials are for 4.x firmware (back in the gaybait days)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh my bad I worded it wrong I ment why do you still have an emunand

OP, second line:

i would like to install an emunand of other region so i can easily install tickets not available on EUR..

EDIT: @migles, since you apparently won't be having access to the eShop on the region changed EmuNAND, why not just install the CIAs to SysNAND? Since you are running Luma.

Last edited by Kyojin,

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah but can't you do that in sysnand also?
i thought the games wouldn't appear when installing them from other regions.. i don't remember why i thought this..

well installing games is kinda a pain in the butt, fbi takes a really lot of time to install them, i can't close the console and sometimes it gives an error while installing or accidental key press or internet goes down i need to install the game from scratch again..
the easiest way and pratical way that i had been using was install tickets through fbi, go into the eshop pages and select to download in sleep mode, so i can close the console and leave it alone some minutes.. and i can even pause it and play other game if i desire...
download games through the pc is an option but using the eshop eliminates the trouble of removing the sd card and waiting to download, to copy into the sd card and to install the cia...

but now knowing that we can't access the eshop when using other region nand, this is kinda pointless

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is for sure better to download directly from the eShop, but think about the fact that you are leaving evidence against you when doing so, since you are using your console and your NNID to download games from Nintendo's servers (they probably have access logs, or at least I hope they do since if not it would be very amateur), and Nintendo knows that those games are not linked to your NNID, thus that you probably did not purchase.

It is a bit safer IMO to get them from the PC, even though you think it's less convenient.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It is for sure better to download directly from the eShop, but think about the fact that you are leaving evidence against you when doing so, since you are using your console and your NNID to download games from Nintendo's servers (they probably have access logs, or at least I hope they do since if not it would be very amateur), and Nintendo knows that those games are not linked to your NNID, thus that you probably did not purchase.

It is a bit safer IMO to get them from the PC, even though you think it's less convenient.
i know people from germany and france that get a letter of their isp at home because torrent seeding
in here it never happened (yet) they only did cease and desist shutting down most sharez websites hosted in my country..

i can easily get an eshop ban, but i am not worried about it..
i always lived with "you can't play online unless you buy the game" and for a person who preefers single player the punishment is not that big
nintendo will not send a letter to everyone who ever downloaded gamez.. it's the distributors that get into trouble.. unless i do somehing stupid like bragging that i get free games on their twitter, i am just an ant, by laws of chaos i can be that tiny ant that the human picked up, but since i am not worried about being hit by a meteor i will still go outside as usuall

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i know people from germany and france that get a letter of their isp at home because torrent seeding
in here it never happened (yet) they only did cease and desist shutting down most sharez websites hosted in my country..

i can easily get an eshop ban, but i am not worried about it..
i always lived with "you can't play online unless you buy the game" and for a person who preefers single player the punishment is not that big
nintendo will not send a letter to everyone who ever downloaded gamez.. it's the distributors that get into trouble.. unless i do somehing stupid like bragging that i get free games on their twitter, i am just an ant, by laws of chaos i can be that tiny ant that the human picked up, but since i am not worried about being hit by a meteor i will still go outside as usuall

Nintendo indeed won't send a letter to kindly ask you to stop, but they can (and most probably WILL at some point) ban consoles and/or NNIDs the same way they did (and still do) for people playing online with shared ROM headers (in this case the ban is temporary, maybe this time if they decide to ban, it will be permanent).

If you don't care about online like you say, then yeah you can just keep it the way it is now of course., they won't send someone to your house or sue you.

It's not a matter of being an ant or an elephant, if their server-side software is well designed (I hope so, since we are not talking about a 3 employees start-up here), then they can more or less easily pinpoint the consoles/NNIDs that are downloading games from the eShop illegitimately and mass ban them if they decide to. They are already aware that people are doing this, it's just a matter of how and when they will react to it.

Anyway, to get back to the original matter of this thread, you will probably need to use the language/region emulation feature of Luma for some particular games.

D

Deleted-379826

yeah just clone your emunand to sysnand especially since you have a9lh it's the EXACT same thing and you can always restore if you were stupid

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
yeah just clone your emunand to sysnand especially since you have a9lh it's the EXACT same thing and you can always restore if you were stupid
like i said, i don't have an emunand, i want to create one..
and why would i restore a emunand to sysnand? it's part of plaitect guide in the a9lh process but i already did it when i followed the tutorial the first time...
right now i have NO EMUNAND, and sysnand is a9lh 11.0.0-33 with luma cfw

Anyway, to get back to the original matter of this thread, you will probably need to use the language/region emulation feature of Luma for some particular games.
i knew about this, however it's still an early method.. i would want to download a zip with all the txt files for the sake of not creating a txt file every time.. (i am lazy, don't judge me)
but in doing soo, i am guessing luma either would make the menu slower or have a lenghty boot time comparing all the txt files to not found titles (yet)

anyway, back to original question, it was pretty much answered, i will think if i still want to create the out of region emunand, since we can't use eshop it's not that usefull in my case..

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i knew about this, however it's still an early method.. i would want to download a zip with all the txt files for the sake of not creating a txt file every time.. (i am lazy, don't judge me)

I never tried running out of region games (yet) but, from what I understand, that option is only necessary for some games that need the console language to be set to something specific (say, Japanese) and the DLCs, for the rest, Luma3DS is supposedly region-free. So you might never have to use it, or end up having to use it for only one or two games which is not a big deal IMO.

Reactions: migles
D

Deleted-379826

like i said, i don't have an emunand, i want to create one..
and why would i restore a emunand to sysnand? it's part of plaitect guide in the a9lh process but i already did it when i followed the tutorial the first time...
right now i have NO EMUNAND, and sysnand is a9lh 11.0.0-33 with luma cfw

but in doing soo, i am guessing luma either would make the menu slower or have a lenghty boot time comparing all the txt files to not found titles (yet)

anyway, back to original question, it was pretty much answered, i will think if i still want to create the out of region emunand, since we can't use eshop it's not that usefull in my case..
Oh my bad I didn't see that you DIDN'T have one but again you don't need one it will take up more time and space and a longer boot time and theres no point but its your choice

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never tried running out of region games (yet) but, from what I understand, that option is only necessary for some games that need the console language to be set to something specific (say, Japanese) and the DLCs, for the rest, Luma3DS is supposedly region-free. So you might never have to use it, or end up having to use it for only one or two games which is not a big deal IMO.
yeah like what he said you can get region free games like a while back I had a cia of detective pikachu and it worked like a charm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself