emunand question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by almosthavoc, May 30, 2014.

1. almosthavoc
    OP

almosthavoc Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    My bedroom
    Am I able to download game patches on emunand 7.2?

2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Nope. Not unless you do a hardware mod, update to 7.2, download the patches, back up your NAND, downgrade back to 4.5, then inject your 7.2 NAND backup into your emunand partition.

3. almosthavoc
    OP

almosthavoc Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    My bedroom
    Will there ever be a possibility of not needing a hardware mod?

4. Abcdfv

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Give it a couple weeks, gateway has strongly hinted that they've cracked the new encryption, so e-shop and settings and anything else using it should work soon.

almosthavoc likes this.
  5. almosthavoc
    OP

almosthavoc Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    My bedroom
    last question: I just got my gateway and my 3ds is on 4.4. Even though I won't be able to download patches, is it OK to update emunand to 7.2? Otherwise, there are few games I could play since I'm 4.4.

6. Abcdfv

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    If I recall properly, games that "require" (but not really) a system update can be played via gateway mode since it spoofs the firmware checks. However, games that are made with sdk5+ won't be playable, and games that use a newer save encryption won't save properly.

So it isn't entirely necessary to update emunand, but it may save you some headaches. I would back up your 4.4 emunand using win32diskimager, then update to 7.2 so if for some reason you want to go back to 4.4 emunand you can.

7. almosthavoc
    OP

almosthavoc Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    My bedroom
    Ok. Thank you for all of your help!

Abcdfv likes this.
  8. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I dont recall them saying they cracked it, only working on it.

9. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Nope. They have not. They said something like "We're working on it! Hang in there! Please believe us! You'll see..."

Exactly

10. VicViper-V

VicViper-V Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2014
    Please explain for noob - i just recieved my gateway, and as i understand there is no need for me to create emunand at all?

11. dakit

dakit Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2007
    There's the emunand tool as an alternative to extracting/injecting the emunand from your SD card. Used this many times to test and it works great and is easy to use. Was also injecting my system NAND into emunand just to check I was using the tool correctly.

EDIT: to add link http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/utilities/download-emunand-tool-1-0-1-f32623.html