UltiGC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All!

Has anyone been banned from connecting online with a clean EmuNAND?

I know we have no idea what sets N’s ban sense off but was curious with this situation.

Reason why I would want to use EmuNAND online: I would like to keep a low FW to avoid having to use a jig/payload dongle every time I want to enjoy homebrew if i can. If I can’t then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Mod please delete!
Nothing wrong with asking a good question.

I use sxos on a brand new official sd card, setting up emunand that’s on a clean unused new unit on firmware 4x with hidden partition on the latest firmware and use online gaming very regularly, booting emunand>MK8, Splatoon, Mario Tennis, Smash, MK11 & others. I have not received a ban as yet but yes I do use all these titles in an xci format, only so I don’t have to take all my games along with me at the same time and that’s the greatest part about using xci on the go but I will state I still own all my games I use online and on this unit in retail packaged format legitimately and they have also all been played very regular sometime in the past with the cartridge inserted, whether that makes a real difference? None of us really know, only Nintendo knows that part. All my xci titles are dumped fully with the certificates and I can honestly say no ban as yet has been handed down but you can never say never! I hope this helps your decision a little bit.

Last edited by Reecey,

UltiGC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with asking a good question.

I use sxos on a brand new official sd card setting up emunand that’s on a clean unused new unit on firmware 4x with hidden partition on the latest firmware and use online gaming very regularly using emunand>MK8, Splatoon, Mario Tennis, Smash, MK11 & others. I have not received a ban yet but yes I do use all these titles in an xci format, only so I don’t have to take all my games along with me at the same time and that’s the greatest part about using xci on the go but I will state I still own all my games I use online in retail packaged format legitimately and they have also all been played very regular sometime in the past with the cartridge inserted. All my xci titles are dumped fully with the certificates and I can honestly say no ban as yet has been handed down but you can never say never! I hope this helps your decision a little bit.
Thanks I searched a little and found the same thing asked inside other threads. I think I will wait it out and see. I came across a dev who said it should be fine but like you said there’s always a risk of being banned and just wait for Hekate to update.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I searched a little and found the same thing asked inside other threads. I think I will wait it out and see. I came across a dev who said it should be fine but like you said there’s always a risk of being banned and just wait for Hekate to update.
I personally, if I was you if you’re really going to use emunand online I would invest in sxos not because I’m an “sxos lover”, that’s not the case here, my opinion there emunand setup is more straight forward and has been developed over a long period of time, it’s been more refined. Personally my advice and please don’t take this the wrong way I love atmosphere and Michaels development but atmospheres emunand is at its very early stages, just be careful.

Last edited by Reecey,

UltiGC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally, if I was you if you’re really going to use emunand online I would invest in sxos not because I’m an “sxos lover”, that’s not the case here, my opinion there emunand setup is more straight forward and has been developed over a long period of time, it’s been more refined. Personally my advice and please don’t take this the wrong way I love atmosphere and Michaels development but atmospheres emunand is at its very early stages, just be careful.
I own SX I just haven’t used it in a while . Does SX allow me to keep my sysnand at 4.1 and create two EmuNAND on the latest fw one clean one for HB?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I own SX I just haven’t used it in a while . Does SX allow me to keep my sysnand at 4.1 and create two EmuNAND on the latest fw one clean one for HB?
No need to do that, creating a hidden partition emunand gives you the best of everything, it keeps a hidden exact copy of your official systemnand on your sd card, just as if you’re using your official 4x firmware but updated to the latest 8x firmware as well as giving you the benefit of using cfw also using homebrew without any worry’s and keeping your official proper systemnand firmware on the lowest firmware stealthy, just as if it doesn’t exist! I will add normally this is a preferred option for an untouched brand new unpatched Nintendo Switch on a lower firmware but still works the same.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back