Hacking Emunand NNID issue every time, on every 3DS

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One reoccuring thing I have to do for my friends is fix their NNID in emunand. I'm not sure how to avoid this, all I know is that NNID was setup in sysnand before formatting emunand. Which then I'd unlink the nands.
It's just ridiculous that I have to go through THIS guide every time.

I guess since it was still tied to sysnand, it didn't properly switch to emunand. Thing is, how would I even remove the NNID from sysnand without losing all my save data, etc?

Am I supposed to backup the Nintendo 3DS folder, format sysnand, put back the backup files, THEN format emunand to avoid nnid issues in emunand?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if the sysnand is above fw 7 or something, you will have to be online to format.
i recommened installing 4.5 system settings, or the earliest 2ds version, somyou can format without having to relink the nnid. then simply format sysnand without the sd in the console...
or use tinyformat.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only ever had this problem once my solution when resetting my N3DS for whatever reason was to backup my saves with SDF, system format Emunand then system format sysnand, format my SD (delete Emunand), run the initial setup and system format again. setup my GW / CFW and log into the NNID in Emunand not Sysnand.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Simply use tinyFormat on the sysnand, so you won't need to do anything to the emunand, after setting it up.
If there is a 3dsx of it, you could also make a tiny sdcard ready with boot.3dsx and tinyformat and start it using browserhax, cubic ninja or oothax. This way there is also o need to backup the 3DS sd card.

Reactions: MattKimura

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
This happens because when you clone your sysnand into your emunand with the nnid still linked, emu and sys are linked both to themselves and nintendo servers.

If you want to have emunand and sysnand as two completely different systems, you need to format one of them (frequently sysnand). The thing is when you format one of them, you're saying to nintendo servers that you will stop using that nnid temporaly, but the other system (the one not formated, frequently emunand) still thinks you're using that nnid, hence the error when the status in nintendo servers and emunand mismatch.

I think tinyformat format your system without telling the server the fact that you are not going to use the nnid (because in fact, you'll be using in the other nand)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, Tinyformat makes much more sense. Gonna start making that mandatory when setting up CFW from now on. Almost everyone already has an NNID before setting up CFW so you most defintiely need to use Tinyformat instead of 9.0's system setting's. I've always wondered why tinyformat would be useful, now I have perfect use for it. This is gonna save a LOT of trouble. How come it's not common knowledge to use tinyformat to separate the nands? Well at least I didn't know about doing that until now. I had like 3-4 friends with the nnid issue and it was irritating me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol