emuMMC update goes back to old data

Noobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Recently updated my switch trough aio updater forgetting to do a backup beforehand (yes, I know, and I regret that). The result is: despite being updated, the emuMMC shows the console in the same condition it was before I modded it (so it's at the status of the very first and only backup I made). But if I launch stock/sysMMC everithing is in the right place (and also updated) and most games, apps and saves are working fine so far

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AIO is NEVER a good idea. Programs like that often include their own configurations, which may not match your own setup (like emummc, and whether it is SD based or RAW based).

Are you 100% sure you're using emummc (check the system menu) and did you perhaps switch from a RAW partition to file-based, at some point, but somehow still have that raw partition? This situation is very strange, as no update would revert your emummc. You would seriously have to copy it over on your own, overwriting the newer files. Simply not possible for AIO updater to do this.

Noobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AIO is NEVER a good idea. Programs like that often include their own configurations, which may not match your own setup (like emummc, and whether it is SD based or RAW based).

Are you 100% sure you're using emummc (check the system menu) and did you perhaps switch from a RAW partition to file-based, at some point, but somehow still have that raw partition? This situation is very strange, as no update would revert your emummc. You would seriously have to copy it over on your own, overwriting the newer files. Simply not possible for AIO updater to do this.
Here says 16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5|E when I launch emummc
I don't remember making a separate partition, everything I did in emummc before the update, would show correctly in both sysmmc and stock (and viceversa), my wild guess is aio managed to separate them? I also decided to go manual updating, but nothing changed

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here says 16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5|E when I launch emummc
I don't remember making a separate partition, everything I did in emummc before the update, would show correctly in both sysmmc and stock (and viceversa), my wild guess is aio managed to separate them? I also decided to go manual updating, but nothing changed
AIO simply can’t “revert” anything. What I think you may be experiencing, is from not having updated sigpatches, so HOS is no longer showing fowarders or games you installed with nsp files. And by the way, emummc is an exact copy of your eMMC, at the moment you created it, and is a 100% separate system from then on. Unless you redirected your emummc’s Nintendo folder to use your sysnand’s folder. This would be very bad for many reasons…

Noobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AIO simply can’t “revert” anything. What I think you may be experiencing, is from not having updated sigpatches, so HOS is no longer showing fowarders or games you installed with nsp files. And by the way, emummc is an exact copy of your eMMC, at the moment you created it, and is a 100% separate system from then on. Unless you redirected your emummc’s Nintendo folder to use your sysnand’s folder. This would be very bad for many reasons…
I'm quite sure the sigpatches are updated, for the second part I have absolutely no clue, it must be a funcion aio has. any suggestion on how to proceed?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say without all of the facts. Can you get to the "Partition SD" part of NYX and grab a screen shot of your current setup (don't actually continue and do the partition, especially without a current backup)? Also from the SD Info screen. Then, also post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini, /emummc/emummc.ini, and /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini.

So again, AIO absolutely did nothing to separate them. They are already separate, and always will be. Every single thing that is different between the two, is what you did AFTER you created your emummc. If there are new things in sys, then you installed those things in sys. And vice versa. It could be that you used to be configured wrong, and everything you thought you were doing in emummc, you were actually doing in sys, and now AIO replaced your config files, making them somewhat proper again. This could be why emummc appears unchanged. The most likely, in fact, with the info I currently have.

I didn't catch what you use to boot CFW. Dongle? Mod chip? Are you injecting hekate or Fusee? hekate_ipl.ini is still important, because you could be initially injecting hekate, but then loading cfw with fusee instead. This changes which .ini is being used for your settings...

Last edited by urherenow,

Noobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hekate_ipl.ini - Blocco note di Windows 10_09_2023 15_57_15.png
system_settings.ini - Blocco note di Windows 10_09_2023 15_58_50.png
emummc.ini - Blocco note di Windows 10_09_2023 16_04_56.png

Post automatically merged:

My /atmosphere/config/ appears empty, I took that screeenshot from /config_templates

I am using auto rcm, I inject hekate 6.0.6 only when needed

Currently accessing via hekate usb tools, :E is switch SD, :F is ubs unit (but unaccessible)

Attachments

• emummc.ini - Blocco note di Windows 10_09_2023 16_03_54.png
    emummc.ini - Blocco note di Windows 10_09_2023 16_03_54.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by Noobot,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your emummc is is a partition-based, making it harder to backup and restore (relative to file based). In OFW/sysMMC, when you install a game to SD, it goes in /Nintendo. When you are using emummc and install something to the SD, it goes in emummc/RAW1/Nintendo. When you boot your switch, you should be seeing 3 buttons to choose from, that are correctly labeled.

Sadly, I don't see what you did wrong. AIO didn't do it, whatever it is. When you boot sysMMC or OFW (stock), do you see games listed there that you did NOT play from a cartridge or install from the e-shop?

What is the folder size of emummc/RAW1/Nintendo, and are your default settings (while in emummc) set to install things to nand or SD?

Noobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 3 buttons you mentioned are sysmmc, emummc and stock right?

when I boot sysmmc or stock, I can see everying as they were before the update (if I play some games or change settings, everything works normally)

nintendo folder is 102 gb
raw1 is a mere 181mb

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your issue again?

Looks like no retail games were installed under emummc. At least not to SD. Is your issue that you did a system update, but emummc did not update? Once you create an emummc, it is a completely separate system. When you update one, it does not update the other. You have to dump the firmware files, then install them with daybreak in emummc.

Is your SD fat32 or exfat? If you have the latest firmware files, reinstall them in emummc using the fat32+exfat option. This does not change your sd card format, but just adds drivers so that your switch *can read exfat.

Last edited by urherenow,

Noobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything is updated, only thing is emummc went back to when it was when I modded the console.

At first (after modding the switch) whenever I used either sys or emu, it was literally the same thing, so doing one thing in one version (either installing a game, modify profiles, etc...) it would show the same changes in the other. So that made believe it was the exact same thing. So I played using sys, one day I mistakenly pressed update (thanks to annoying popup appearing every time I start a game), since then It gave me an error everytime I tried to load sys, so I continued on emu (again, everything that I did on sys, appeared also on emu)
Now after the update emu showed things as they were when I first modded it. sys still didn't work, but after using a guide for daybreak, sys worked smoothly, and all games, profile, etc... were showing as I left them before this update.

This is the whole story I think

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
whenever I used either sys or emu, it was literally the same thing,
yea right :toot: and system update popout lol looks like you never used your emu then you quacked up your sys and accidentally boot your real emu and you were shocked becouse it was clean as new :rofl2: pls tell me iam wrong :ninja:

Last edited by Lamcza,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Everything is updated, only thing is emummc went back to when it was when I modded the console.

At first (after modding the switch) whenever I used either sys or emu, it was literally the same thing, so doing one thing in one version (either installing a game, modify profiles, etc...) it would show the same changes in the other. So that made believe it was the exact same thing. So I played using sys, one day I mistakenly pressed update (thanks to annoying popup appearing every time I start a game), since then It gave me an error everytime I tried to load sys, so I continued on emu (again, everything that I did on sys, appeared also on emu)
Now after the update emu showed things as they were when I first modded it. sys still didn't work, but after using a guide for daybreak, sys worked smoothly, and all games, profile, etc... were showing as I left them before this update.

This is the whole story I think
Seems like you were using sysNAND CFW this whole time (which is a bad idea, by the way)
If you have gone online since you installed CFW, you are almost certainly banned or flagged for a ban.
What I would recommend at this point, if you still have that original backup you made, is to create a new emuNAND (this will copy your sysNAND over so that your emuNAND is a copy of your current sysNAND) then restore your original sysNAND backup. If you don't have the original backup anymore, then considering your emuNAND has never been used, you can make a backup of that, and flash it to your sysNAND, it should be safe.
If you haven't let sysNAND connect to Nintendo servers since hacking it, this would make your sysNAND safe to go online again, but otherwise, it might be too late, still, can't make it any worse.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
raw1 is a mere 181mb
Can’t be an EmuMMC then, as an exact copy of the sysnand is roughly 29 Go.

You can shrink it, but not that small.

Seems like you were using sysNAND CFW this whole time (which is a bad idea, by the way)
If you have gone online since you installed CFW, you are almost certainly banned or flagged for a ban.
For sure 🙄

And I agree with previous posts.

AIO updater is not responsible.

I’ve used it several times for testing, with a multiple hidden partitions SD, and never had issues.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Hayato213

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can’t be an EmuMMC then, as an exact copy of the sysnand is roughly 29 Go
You're missing the context. He's talking about the Nintendo folder. RAW1 should clue you in, that he made a partition-based emummc.

But I put my money down on The Real Jdbye. OP has never been using emummc (until now), but instead using sysnand cfw.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3 buttons you mentioned are sysmmc, emummc and stock right?

when I boot sysmmc or stock, I can see everying as they were before the update (if I play some games or change settings, everything works normally)

nintendo folder is 102 gb
raw1 is a mere 181mb

Doesn't look like you have a 29GB unallocated hidden partition.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're missing the context. He's talking about the Nintendo folder. RAW1 should clue you in, that he made a partition-based emummc.

But I put my money down on The Real Jdbye. OP has never been using emummc (until now), but instead using sysnand cfw.
Yep, I know, that’s what I meant.
But didn’t expressed myself with “accuracy “ 🙄

Last edited by Maupiti,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I would recommend at this point, if you still have that original backup you made, is to create a new emuNAND (this will copy your sysNAND over so that your emuNAND is a copy of your current sysNAND) then restore your original sysNAND backup. If you don't have the original backup anymore, then considering your emuNAND has never been used, you can make a backup of that, and flash it to your sysNAND, it should be safe.
That's definitely a risk. Once you've modded your Switch with sysNAND, then you're screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated