Emulators on AK2i after 1.4 update

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jackdanielchan, Sep 18, 2009.

  1. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    I don't' know if anybody else has had these problems, but after running the update for 1.4 on AK2i, emulators don't seem to work anymore, Jenesis has the menu but no options, and Snemul can't intialize the system? Anywork arounds?
     
  2. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Bump...
     
  3. antonkan

    antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    1,063
    8
    Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    Try using NesDS emulator. It may work fine.
     
  4. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Yeah, I've tried using all emulators, and none work... It's really weird...
     
  5. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    I also tried formatting my SD card aswell!
     
  6. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Bump?
     
  7. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Bump?
     
  8. Jamstruth

    Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

    Member
    3,456
    183
    Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Try installing Akaio Firmware.

    Also, BUMP!
    [​IMG]
     
  9. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Look, I'm not a noob on my AK2i I've got AKAIO 1.4.1, I've done everything, but ever since I've updated something's happened to my emulators...
     
  10. chazam1337

    chazam1337 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    118
    0
    Apr 19, 2008
    United States
    wait for new emulators or firmwires I guess. Or make your own rofl.
     
  11. antonkan

    antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    1,063
    8
    Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    Try using the official firmware for Acekard 2i. Hope this helps you...
     
  12. jackdanielchan
    OP

    jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    539
    0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Okay thanks for the help guys, I'll see what I can do...
     
  13. Another World

    Another World Emulate the Planet!

    Former Staff
    10,487
    1,598
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    it is advised not to bump a topic. people will reply to it as they have time. we do not type on your schedule.

    you formatted using the panasonic formatter, correct? after that did you put on fresh copies of the firmware, emulators, and roms? or did you simply copy back the same files that were already on the msd? sounds to me like one or more files is corrupt in the firmware or somewhere else. i was told by a few people, something i can not confirm, that the dsi has a different way of handling certain code. because of this some of the old homebrew, including some of the emus, will not function correctly while running in ds mode on the dsi. this could be your problem, but then again i know many people using the 1.4 dsi firmware with no issues. my point is just you should test that ak2i on a dsl/dsp with the same files to see if they work.

    back to the bumping.. i have to admit that i am rather partial to the image you posted. gotta love those female bumps! i would have loved to see a different pic for each time you bumped. that truly would have made this one of the best topics on all of gbatemp. at least for me! =P

    -another world
     
  14. Jamstruth

    Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

    Member
    3,456
    183
    Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    T'was I who bumped, added it in because of his insane bumping habits [​IMG]
     
  15. RogueCoder

    RogueCoder Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Canada
    Check with AK2i for any updates especially for DLDI changes (I/O for homebrews). Made some homebrew apps that worked but now reported having problems. Appears changes to how access is being handled is a culprit. Just update your card and maybe update the particular homebrew from the coder. It is unfortunate that Nintendo has taken a page from Sony and began "tweaking" and locking up things. We shall see....