Homebrew Emulators not detecting USB

itdoesnotmAtter747

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So i have injects for wiisxr, nintendont and wii64, however, none of them detect my usb. The sd card works fine, but for usb it gives me errors like:
nintendont: usb fat32 device could not be opened
wii64 and wiisxr: "Error Opening Directory usb:/wii64/roms"

now heres the thing, if i load up vwii and open the emulators from there, it works perfectly fine and detects the usb and roms.

was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this since id like to be able to load roms from usb and play them with gamepad since i heard roms run better from usb as opposed to sd

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi , probably you have this problems because the USB drivers (cIOS) that let you read the external USB HDD or Pendrive it's already busy for let the Wii U pad to be functional with emulators. Yes, because the Wii U pad use the same cIOS / drivers that it needs to read the external USB drivers (this because the Wii U to be fucntional need to be emulated from these cIOS USB drivers) for this reason from vWii everything it's working fine and from the Wii U Menu it doesn't work the external USB.

What you heard from before, that USB run better opposed to SD, don't consider too much in our days because before was into the evolution of the SD card that you can find from really slow card to accettable speed card, but in our days if you buy a nice quality high speed SD card you don't have the problems at all. So , to avoid many problems with cIOS and play emulators or some Wii U games with your Wii U pad as controller I suggest you to find a nice quality and big high speed SD card that you will enjoy everithing with no problems.....;)

Last edited by CrisMod,

itdoesnotmAtter747

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
What you heard from before, that USB run better opposed to SD, don't consider too much in our days because before was into the evolution of the SD card that you can find from really slow card to accettable speed card, but in our days if you buy a nice quality high speed SD card you don't have the problems at all. So , to avoid many problems with cIOS and play emulators or some Wii U games with your Wii U pad as controller I suggest you to find a nice quality and big high speed SD card that you will enjoy everithing with no problems.....;)

Thank you so much! Guess ill have to upgrade from my decade old 2gb sd card :rofl2::)

riccetto80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I believe that you need to upgrade SD man :rofl2:;)

i have a question, wich zide you think is correct for the sd card (a micro sd with a sd adapter will work the same?)? 64gb?

also, as far i understood the wii game need an usb hard disk with another kind of formatting, or i am wrong?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have a question, wich zide you think is correct for the sd card (a micro sd with a sd adapter will work the same?)? 64gb?

also, as far i understood the wii game need an usb hard disk with another kind of formatting, or i am wrong?
Hello,

for SD cards, prefer a simple SD card.

avoid micro SD cards, but you can test a micro SD if you wish, to know if all the SD or micro SD cards work, the ideal is to try.
If you are using a large SD card, format it to FAT 32.
1%20(26).gif

For external hard drives, format it in FAT 32 with "guiformat".

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

for SD cards, prefer a simple SD card.

avoid micro SD cards, but you can test a micro SD if you wish, to know if all the SD or micro SD cards work, the ideal is to try.
If you are using a large SD card, format it to FAT 32.
1%20(26).gif

For external hard drives, format it in FAT 32 with "guiformat".
Avoiding a microSD isn't a strict requirement, but you can actually get it trapped inside your Wii U if you put it in the adapter wrong. (I own a tri-wing thanks to that.)
They also tend to be more expensive for the same capacity and read/write speeds.

You can find bargains sometimes, but watch out for fake cards that lie about capacities. When in doubt, use hwtest.

Reactions: jeannotte

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Hi, from my experience with two generation of Wii and Wii U, if I'm you now, I will avoid SanDisk and Kingston (for strange a brand like Toshiba SD, it didn't give me the problems), these brands has always something strange with files datas corruption (if not immediately but after certain of time). Instead, with the Samsung SD EVO Plus (exactly the Model attacched below), I found them really stable and long lasting SD.
For WiiU I prefer, at least 256/512Gb of SD, because to avoid many "pachwork solution" with cIOS to let the USB working well, especially when you will use the Wii U PAD to play for different Emulators,vWii and Gamecube games. So the SD, will be for the system for Gamecube games, Wii and Emulators. Instead, for the USB configuration, if I'm you I will use or an HDD with Y cable, or a really nice quality USB with different future that in our days are great anyway. Especially, the model again from Samsung as below my pic. And the USB you keep just for the Wii U Games, some game compatible with the PAD for Wii and some others Gamecube modified to install in the Wii U Menu.

Attachments

• Samsung USB 3.1 FIT Plus 256GB.jpg
    Samsung USB 3.1 FIT Plus 256GB.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 95
  • samsung-evo-plus-512gb-microsd.jpg
    samsung-evo-plus-512gb-microsd.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?