Emulators for Sky3DS, Sky3DS+, Stargate

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by botik, Jan 28, 2018.

1. botik
    OP

botik Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2017
    Russia
    As a donor header, the game was used Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (titleID 0004000000061700). Work only CFW

Attached Files:

Last edited by botik, Jan 31, 2018
    w0nd3rb0yfx and B4rtj4h like this.
  2. Mark2333

Mark2333 Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    You mean all the emulators are work with the 3 flashcarts?

3. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Will try this when I get home. Inside are .nds files.

Not to be dodgy... but how can I be sure these files are not bricks for the NDS/ 3DS?

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Doesn't work with the stargate without cfw. didn't try with cfw.

B4rtj4h likes this.
  5. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Oh :sad: I really hoped for this to work... Thanks for testing though!

6. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    None of these show up on the home screen with the Stargate flashcart, they do however show up in DS mode. I can't seem to get them booted from the 3DS menu screen. May I ask what the templates are for?

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Feb 4, 2018
  7. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Sorry for the bump, but I think I actually figured something out for these. As you know there is a template file for each of these emulators, each template contains a set of bytes. Most of us didn't know what this template was for, so I began to dig deeper about this. Up until now I had no luck with any sort of information about these emulators and the templates, that is until I received my Sky3DS+ yesterday and remembered something. Back in the day when the Sky3DS first came out there used to be a disk writer tool for it, in order to make games run on the flashcart you had to use the disk writer to patch and place the 3DS ROMs onto the SD card. Now what relevance does this have with the emulators you may be asking? The relevance of this information is what is used to patch these games, the disk writer uses text templates like the ones that came with these emulators above. So I went through my stuff that I had for the Sky3DS/Sky3DS+ and grabbed the disk writer to test. Sure enough the data on the template was patched into the emulator I tested with (Snes9x 3DS). As for making the emulator run however I still had no luck. I haven't figured out how to make it run on CFW yet due to the new update and what not, the Luma3DS payload that has compatibility with the Stargate 3DS doesn't work on 11.8.

Here is the exact locations that the Sky3DS Disk Writer wrote those bytes to in the ROMs:

Virtuanes 3DS:
    Offsets
    Temperpce 3DS:
    Offsets
    Snes9x 3DS:
    Offsets

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Sep 9, 2018
    w0nd3rb0yfx and Mark2333 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted