Hardware Emulator loaders?

Mrtonychops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any console loaders, like what they had on the Wii, that can be used on the Wii U to access specific emulators directly, that will appear as their own channel on the menu screen, without having to go through the Homebrew Channel or any other channel? If so, how do I go about finding and installing them?

Last edited by Mrtonychops,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are there any console loaders, like what they had on the Wii, that can be used on the Wii U to access specific emulators directly, that will appear as their own channel on the menu screen, without having to go through the Homebrew Channel or any other channel? If so, how do I go about finding and installing them?
Not that I know of. However, if you have Haxchi (not CBHC), you can edit the config file to make certain homebrew load when a certain button is held. So you can skip homebrew launcher and for example boot straight into an emulator when you hold B, and another emulator when you hold Y.
However, many emulators are actually better on vWii, and for vWii you can pack homebrew as WiiVC if you want to and run them that way directly from the Wii U menu (ROMs will have to be stored on the SD card however since USB drives are not accessible from WiiVC)

Reactions: Mrtonychops

Mrtonychops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Real Jdbye, thanks for the quick reply! So let me see if I understand this correctly... are you saying that I should put the emulators on to the external hard drive I have and then put the ROMs onto my SD card and I can set this up so that I can access the emulators from the Wii menu, through The Homebrew Channel?

Do you by any chance have a specific tutorial, that you could recommend, on how to do what you're talking about? I'm not quite familiar with hacking the vwii or doing what you're talking about?

Texascfdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little late to the party, but I believe what he is saying is to inject the retroarch or emulator into a vwii game accessible from the Wii u home menu using a Wii virtual console infinjection tool. Inject the Homebrew title using an injection too and install it to the home menu with wupinstaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs