Emulation Linux/Windows OS Skin "PC into a Console"

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking to place my PC in the living room as a "Console" it has a inbuilt AC wifi with Blutooth for Wii remotes, Gtx 970, BD/DVD/CD Drive etc etc, now I want a easy "Interface or OS" to select Emulators and a few pc games like Halo 1 or NFS Mostwanted, StarWars battlefront 2 "xbox games that were ported to Pc", Is Retro Pie the best option? or are their others, Can Retro Pie go over windows? or is it just linux, can it allow me to put a short cut to Halo 1 anyway?

My goal is to turn this into a Kids machine aka a console, so a 6yr can select their game and not think about anything at all, any feedback would be appreicated

Is their a 5.25 Expansion Bay that has ps2 ports or nintendo ports? kinda want my console to be "flush" and not have adapters sticking out,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, Retropie isn't the name of the UI you see when you're using it, that's Emulation Station.

Emulation Station would work just fine, there's also Steam Big Picture Mode as well, you can add emulators, or games that launch directly in an emulator using ICE, and then you also have all your Steam games and emulation stuff etc etc.

Reactions: Most-Wanted

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh ok, so retropie is only for low power devices and cant use steam? so its not linux?, but out of curiosity, what am i missing if i run windows with emulation station compared to RETROPIE? does that mean i miss some easy configs and controller setups that only Retropie give you?

sorry if i sound idiotic, its just a bit confusing

Last edited by Most-Wanted,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Retropie is the base Linux OS, it's just not the name of the UI is what I meant.

Emulation Station handles controller configuration and things just fine, it'd work exactly the same as on a Raspberry Pi except you won't have things like Pi Config options and such.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,
Reactions: Most-Wanted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is