Emulation forever.... origional hardware Never

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not think I have ever seen people have qualms with the concept of a reserve before.

From what I have seen it does not use it to the fullest like some auction houses but I would rather guard against random chance (just so happened to be no bidders, too far from payday or a small glut of things I might not have anticipated), have the option to remove/ignore a reserve and generally see the increased bidding that comes with things.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I much prefer upscaled emulation of retro games, especially after getting rid of my old clunky CRT. You just can't play old stuff on a HDTV, it's terrible. Doesn't mean I don't love collecting games, though. I end up buying tons of rare games, and they collect dust, all while I play their superior emulated version on my PC.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators are nice because they give you the power of filters and emulated scanlines.. However, if you're a purist the best thing for you is a good CRT and the original console. Keep in mind that Emulators are not always going to have 100% emulation compatibility. There has been a lot of discussion on "Cycle Accurate" emulation VS more traditional emulation where hacks and mods are used to gain similar effects. Also, the market for retro gaming has skyrocketed in the last few years due to 3rd party resales and vehicles like EBay. Retro games have reached damn near their original value.

Last edited by gman666,
Reactions: Mike mathurin

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all personal preference and if you plan on going hardcore on something. If you want casual Melee, get a pc and use an emulator. If you're going hardcore, get a CRT TV and an original gamecube and Melee disc. Some people like how the controller feels in their hands. If you want the best of both worlds, get a pc with emulators and a bunch of usb controllers. There's also a bit of video lag in Battletoads if played through an emulator (or a modern TV), making one section of the game near impossible.

Reactions: Mike mathurin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.