emuiibo - MitM'ing NFP services for Amiibo emulation

Hi everyone!

I noticed there was a project called switch-nfp-mitm, which had lots of forks, but none of them properly working (people reported it barely worked, and with some games), thus I decided to try to fix it, or to improve it as much as I could. Well, the results were that good, that I've just managed to get it working perfectly, even with a nice system of combos for Amiibo swapping, in just 2 days.

So, well, here's the result:

emuiibo

emuiibo is a virtual amiibo (amiibo emulation) system for Nintendo Switch!

It consists on a background process (and service), which intercepts Nintendo Switch's internal NFC/NFP services to support virtual amiibo emulation, plus an overlay to easily control it.

Have fun playing around with custom virtual amiibos!

Last edited by XorTroll,

Solo322dollars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It should, it supports the patches..but I've never been able to make it work myself. I just boot into AMS when I use it. When I have it activated on SXOS, New Horizons runs at 2 FPS and my Home button strops working. I have to force restart the entire system. Thats the only game I've tested it on since its the only one I care about. It may work with others.
I have the exact same issue. Did you find a solution or a way to emulate amiibo in AC:NH? I've been trying to use it on atmosphere but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by Solo322dollars,

Solo322dollars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Emuiibo 0.4 works fine on AC. I use amiiswap mod to select and it works.
I downloaded amiigo to check if emuiibo works, and it says that emuiibo is not loaded. I have everything installed the right way i think. Could it be because i have other sysmodules or something like that?

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
This next release seems to work fine with all the games which were tested (SSBU, BOTW, Diablo 3, ACNH, Splatoon 2, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Odyssey, and probably more games I'm forgetting)
If I were you I'd wait for this next release, since it's basically finished, I'll drop it in no time

Last edited by XorTroll,
Reactions: Tyvar1

bao3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vultr.com
XP
Country
China
This next release seems to work fine with all the games which were tested (SSBU, BOTW, Diablo 3, ACNH, Splatoon 2, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Odyssey, and probably more games I'm forgetting)
If I were you I'd wait for this next release, since it's basically finished, I'll will drop it in no time
I'm using emuiibo 0.5 release ( I compiled it myself) , and copied ACNH Amiibos to SD card , I could read that emuiibo covert the raw bin file , but the amiibo couldnt show in the game ...

vinest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone else trying to diagnose their update mishaps, this crashes on boot with the latest Atmosphère for switch OS 10.0. I accidentally updated; don't do the same if you can help it and still need Emuiibo. Crash report for reference.

Attachments

• 01586927322_0100000000000352.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by vinest,

bao3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vultr.com
XP
Country
China
For anyone else trying to diagnose their update mishaps, this crashes on boot with the latest Atmosphère for switch OS 10.0. I accidentally updated; don't do the same if you can help it and still need Emuiibo. Crash report for reference.
Yes, so did I , and I have reported the crash log on github issue.

Reactions: vinest

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
After several weeks of hard work, emuiibo v0.5 is out, fixing a lot of issues and adding a new way to control it - a Tesla overlay! Go check it out: https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/releases/tag/0.5

Such a nice way to control your virtual amiibos ;)

EVmCwcbXsAIPAuD.png

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Small reminder that tools like Amiigo or Goldleaf still aren't updated to support this emuiibo version (this one in particular had breaking changes), so you will have to stick with the Tesla overlay to control it :)

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, happy 1st birthday to emuiibo!
Many thanks to Xortroll and all the testers for helping maintaining this project.

Made a quick little doodle on the icon art. :D

upload_2020-4-17_15-2-1.png

Reactions: XorTroll

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find how to activate that Tesla-Overlay, can u tell me how to? :blush:

I was wondering the same thing! All the documentation that's been written, and yet no info on how to initiate the damn overlay! I couldn't even find anything on the TeslaMenu or nx-ovlloader GitHub pages either. :wacko:

I finally came across the info on the Tesla RELEASE thread...

To bring up the Tesla overlay menu, you have to press L + DPad Down + Right Joy Stick at the same time. All the navigation is pretty self explanatory from there. To close the overlay menu, just use the same key combo above.

Last edited by FanboyKilla,

tony300

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was wondering the same thing! All the documentation that's been written, and yet no info on how to initiate the damn overlay! I couldn't even find anything on the TeslaMenu or nx-ovlloader GitHub pages either. :wacko:

I finally came across the info on the Tesla RELEASE thread...

To bring up the Tesla overlay menu, you have to press L + DPad Down + Right Joy Stick at the same time. All the navigation is pretty self explanatory from there. To close the overlay menu, just use the same key combo above.

Thanks for the info! Can't seem to make it work however... it's just the contents folder inside atmosphere, and the .overlays inside switch that are to be transferred right? Am already on the latest fw and atmosphere :(

super34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hello, to make it work you even need the files from TESLA thread: nx-ovlloader, Tesla-Menu!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hello, to make it work you even need the files from TESLA thread: nx-ovlloader, Tesla-Menu!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to add icons to the amiibos? thanks

Reactions: tony300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: