Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so....

I picked up a broken switch and after finding nothing wrong with it electronically I still couldn't see anything on the screen. No battery charge symbol, no backlight, nothing, nada. It was charging fine but completely dead.
being a low serial number I ran it in RCM and it booted into Hekate. I swapped the eMMC with a spare one and when plugging in the charger i got a charging symbol on the screen but obviously it wouldn't boot.

Putting the old eMMC back in and running hekate again i tried to do a backup of the eMMC but it flashed up the error "unable to init eMMC". I reflowed the eMMC and still the same issue.

So I'm looking for options. I can try reballing the eMMC, I seen somewhere that you can hardwire the eMMC to USB/SD but I have no idea how to do that or how to access the files once on a USB/SD connector, or lastly replace the Tegra, eMMC and possibly the Wifi IC as the rest of the board is fine.

Am I missing any options (apart from thowning it in the trash) and if anyone has any good information on hardwiring the eMMC I'll give it a try.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is it possible to get the keys with a different eMMC attached? Assuming you can, maybe you can just regenerate a backup with the help of raw firmware files and the key used for encrypting the eMMC.

Worst case, just use the device for Linux and Android. Maybe in the future, Mesosphere can boot on eMMCs with no encryption.

xwx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting I have the same issue, but when I tried to swap eMMC from a different console newer one it damaged some files on that one also so I can't boot other console anymore. did you find any solutions ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    oot? the decomp just finished, have some patience lol
    +1
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    YuZu basically makes any switch game a pc port lol
    Gift
    yeah but he never mentioned the switch
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I usually try Yuzu via that girl who is fit lol
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    What Nintendo game exists that can't already be played on a pc?
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    started playing gd for the first time in two years, i can still do insane demons
    Gift
    im still worthy!
    Gift
    although im not at my peak exactly, i can't do waves at all
    Gift
  • Gift
    im just like thor but instead of being a powerful god who can control lightning i play geometry dash
    +1
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    I'm just like Thor in that I'm fat--frick
    +1
    Gift
    im wayyy too skinny, im like 160 pounds and my height is 6'2
    Gift
    my friend once told me "bro if the wind hits you right you're just gonna fuckin disintegrate"
    Gift
    @SpazzyShinobi I mean, hey, that's not too bad, as long as you aren't like obese or anything
    Gift
    I'm trying to claw myself out of a depression right now and losing weight is part of the process. It'll take me a while, though
    +1
    Gift
    Sorry if that's tmi. I'm still new and I'm not sure about the rules yet
    Gift
    the rules dont directly forbid saying stuff like that, just don't talk about like nsfw stuff and you'll be fine
    Gift
    Some places don't like users talking about depression and mental health stuff
    +1
    Gift
    i mean who likes hearing about depression and mental health stuff?
    Gift
    it's just part of life
    Gift
    It's part my daily life. It is what it is
    +1
    Gift
    i remember i was in this discord server that said "no discussing your feelings" not even mental health or anything just your feelings in general
    Gift
    "im really happy today"
    "get the fuck out"
    Gift
    I don't think it's possible to get to know someone without talking about feelings. Some people are weird
    +1
    Gift
    People seem to be mostly cool here, except for in the politics forum. Took one look at a thread in there and noped out
    Gift
    SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi: People seem to be mostly cool here, except for in the politics forum. Took one look at a thread...