Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so....

I picked up a broken switch and after finding nothing wrong with it electronically I still couldn't see anything on the screen. No battery charge symbol, no backlight, nothing, nada. It was charging fine but completely dead.
being a low serial number I ran it in RCM and it booted into Hekate. I swapped the eMMC with a spare one and when plugging in the charger i got a charging symbol on the screen but obviously it wouldn't boot.

Putting the old eMMC back in and running hekate again i tried to do a backup of the eMMC but it flashed up the error "unable to init eMMC". I reflowed the eMMC and still the same issue.

So I'm looking for options. I can try reballing the eMMC, I seen somewhere that you can hardwire the eMMC to USB/SD but I have no idea how to do that or how to access the files once on a USB/SD connector, or lastly replace the Tegra, eMMC and possibly the Wifi IC as the rest of the board is fine.

Am I missing any options (apart from thowning it in the trash) and if anyone has any good information on hardwiring the eMMC I'll give it a try.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is it possible to get the keys with a different eMMC attached? Assuming you can, maybe you can just regenerate a backup with the help of raw firmware files and the key used for encrypting the eMMC.

Worst case, just use the device for Linux and Android. Maybe in the future, Mesosphere can boot on eMMCs with no encryption.

xwx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting I have the same issue, but when I tried to swap eMMC from a different console newer one it damaged some files on that one also so I can't boot other console anymore. did you find any solutions ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night